Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameset? 3 panes...toc content and banner...now no banner

Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really confused. I've imported numerous RH5 projects into RH8, and another one that was the published help topics that were created in RH7.

These projects have a 3-pane view that I've taken for granted:

Toolbar (the one that spans the width of a page) typically has the product logo built in, with 3 or 4 nav buttons on the left and the Info button on the far right The info button opens a dialog box I use to identify company info)

T O O L B A R    B A N N E R

TOC1           Topic Title

TOC2

TOC3     Narrative text and pictures

TOC4     about the topic

My latest import, though, has only 2 panes....the TOC pane and the toolbar buttons are stuffed into a grey area at the top.

How do I change this behavior?  I'm looking at the WebHelp Skin Editor. I imported the skins from 2 of the previous projects, but none of my antics seem to get the top frame to appear. I don't see any "framesets" to import from the other projects. Why am I unable to get the 3 frame-frameset into this project?

I even created a brand new project using the RH HTML (webhelp) wizard and, unfortunately, it also has only the 2 frames. The "top frame" in the WebHelp Skin Editor view somehow gets stuffed into the little nav area at the top of the TOC frame.

here's the problem (created in RH8) http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/XDA/1_0_1/default.htm

here's the old one (created in RH7...or possibly RH5) http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/XDA/1_0/Default.htm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Hi there

Likely you have either

1. Enabled Section 508
  2. Selected Pure HTML as the navigation option

I vote for the 508 setting. Edit the Single Source Layout recipe and ensure Section 508 is not enabled.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely you have either

1. Enabled Section 508
  2. Selected Pure HTML as the navigation option

I vote for the 508 setting. Edit the Single Source Layout recipe and ensure Section 508 is not enabled.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote for "and another one that was the published help topics that were created in RH7."

The key word there is "published;" you must import source files, not output files. Sorry.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboWizard was right! The Section 503 WAS set; when it was cleared the top frame reappeared. THANKS!

Leon, this problem didn't occur in or pertain to the mess I'm cleaning up with the 'published file set'.

Thanks SuperMan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp