• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie problems recording - Cp4, Vista 64

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working my way through a tutorial on Captivate and find that when I try to record a Software Simulation the following occurs.

- The red box does appear

- When I click the record icon I get one camera click

- Clicking things with the mouse does *not* produce camera clicks

- Changing windows does

- Pressing "end" does not stop the recording. In fact, the only thing that stops the recording that I can find is crashing Captivate with Task Manager

I'm using Captivate CS4, purchased as part of an upgrade eLearning Suite, and Vista 64bit Ultimate. I *have* run the Updater. (My problems were much worse until I figured that one out.)

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional data: after reading a bit more in the forums, I *can* stop the recording by clicking the icon in the task tray. But I can*not* capture a screen shot by hitting the print screen key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please take the time to report to Adobe as a bug. (Link is in my sig)

The more reports of this the more likely we are to see something that eventually addresses the issue. I hate to have to say this, but likely you are dead in the water given you are running on a 64 bit system. There is no Captivate version to date that has been blessed with the 64 bit holy water.

I'm not sure about this next bit, but I'm wondering if there is some sort of "32 bit mode" you could configure to run Captivate in? If so, perhaps try that?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I had a feeling it was something like that. I bought a new computer so I could run eLearning Suite and it won't run Cp4 - I am so screwed. Aargh!

--Dan'l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a major problem with Captivate 4 and Vista 64-bit unfortunately and there is no cure for it. The recent patch from Adobe took care of some of the problems, but it's still more or less impossible to record anything with CP4 on a Vista 64-bit system.

I have tried every trick in the book in order to get CP4 to run properly but all were unsuccesful. I tried third-party tools to "simulate" a 32-bit environment, I tried running it as an XP program, I even tried a clean install of Vista since I figured that maybe it was something in the OS that had gone bad.

Next week I will install Windows 7 RC 64-bit on my system and see if Captivate 4 will work then.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

Please let me know if that works!

--Dan'l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources