• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illegal or empty URLs

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 8 and imported html files into a project. These files were created in an old copy of Framemaker (v6) and converted to html. Everytime I open a project file a window pops up with the title Exception and says "Cannot open illegal or empty URLs." Does anyone know how to get rid of this error message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Hi,

The html does not contain invalid characters, but is contains an invalid file reference. In the top op the file, the body style is defined. Now look at the following code: background-image: url(#FFFFFF);. RoboHelp, or for that matter any browser, expects a url to a background image, instead there is a colour code. Removing this style, or rewriting it to background-color: #FFF; will solve your problem. My guess is that your other files have similar problems.

One other note: This file looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you post a html file where you get this alert? I can't think of anything right now, but if you post a file, maybe we can see what's going on.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, William. Here is an html file that opens with the exception. I've also included a screen shot of the exception window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The html does not contain invalid characters, but is contains an invalid file reference. In the top op the file, the body style is defined. Now look at the following code: background-image: url(#FFFFFF);. RoboHelp, or for that matter any browser, expects a url to a background image, instead there is a colour code. Removing this style, or rewriting it to background-color: #FFF; will solve your problem. My guess is that your other files have similar problems.

One other note: This file looks like an output file, not like a source file. Did you import output files in your project? Is so, be sure to check out this item on Rick's site.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this. I did import these files that were converted from an old version of Framemaker. I'll make sure to read the article you suggested.

Thank you again,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp