Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp in Chrome and Firefox

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using robohelp 7.01.001. After generating the webhelp, the TOC contents are not displaying in Chrome and Firefox browsers. It appears properly in IE and Firefox 3.5 and above. Is there any known issue while rendering webhelp contents in Chrome and earlier versions of firefox?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Google Chrome, you'll have to use the Crome Fix. See Snippet 103 on Peter's site.

As for Firefox 3.5, I don't have any problems when using RoboHelp 7.03.001. Do you mean firefox 3.5 or later, or versions before 3.0?

Greet,

Willam

Message was edited by: Peter Grainge to correct link (didn't appear)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind Chrome is not a supported browser.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After upgrading to firefox 3.5, the TOC is appearing properly. The problem was in the earlier versions of Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with ToC getting stuck on Firefox 3 and 3.5, too.

Generating helps with RH 7.

I can browse the topics that are on the root level of the ToC but the books don't respond, except occasionally they do...

For whatever reason, ToC seemed to work reliably when the help was generated with the RH8 trial version.

My thread where it comes up (pretty confused by now):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433437?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My guess is that it is some add on that is interfering with the TOC. Bughunter was pain, if I remember correct. Try disabling your add ons to see if that helps. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 without any problems.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem when the webhelp is on a server or local? If it is when on the server, try local as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried disabling all the Plugins and Extensions, on Firefox 3.0.6 on the XP PC and 3.5.2 on XP laptop.

No improvement.

How would I ensure that an end-user does not have incompatible plugins, anyway? I expect millions of users.

Helps are now local and in our intranet. Behaving the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, souds like a bug to me. Better report it <a href=" http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&amp;product=38"RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form</a>.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Is this a single project or merged help?

2] Same behaviour with the supplied sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a single project. Just over 200 help topics ( = .htm files in the resources) about 260 .htm files in the output.

Webhelp Generated from the sample project works OK: ToC gets a bit sticky sometimes in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have reached the point as we did before, I think, that this must be something in your project.

I would make a copy and experiment with that.

Try creating a new TOC and not by copying the existing one.

Try trashing half the content and regenerating. If no change trash half of what is left etc. If it starts behaving at some point, then you know that what you just trashed contains whatever is causing this.

I think if this was a bug, there would be more reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in the process of patching our Apache web content servers for UTF-8 -- using code from Peter's site to change just the specific site that needs UTF-8. So I've reinstalled RH7 and recompiled the WebHelp project with RH7 for testing. All this is finally happening because we must support Firefox.

This morning the contents was behaving (in Firefox) like perttime described above -- when testing from the server. If I opened a topic from the contents after opening help from a menu link, and then tried to open a book in the contents, the expand/collapse functionality doesn't work. However if I open the contents from a Help menu link, I usually can expand and collapse, then open a topic and still expand and collapse works.

When I test locally on my PC with Firefox, I cannot duplicate the problem with expanding/collapsing books in the contents.

I was browsing to see if anyone else reported this behavior -- and Wow! there you were. 🙂  I'm still looking for other Webhelp/RH7/Firefox issues that may still exist -- and whether or not RH8 resolves these issues.

karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] "If I opened a topic from the contents after opening help from a menu link, and then tried to open a book in the contents, the expand/collapse functionality doesn't work.

Application Help Menu > Select a topic > Open a book > it will not expand / collapse

2] However if I open the contents from a Help menu link, I usually can expand and collapse, then open a topic and still expand and collapse works."

Application Help Menu >  Open a book > Expand / collapse works > Select a topic > Expand / collapse still works.

3] Locally the problem does not exist.

Have I got that right? If so, in 1 how are you selecting a topic before opening a book? Is it that you have some topics not in books and you select those?

The common bit here is the help works fine standalone but not when called from the application. That almost means the problem is in the call. Problems at your end will be the same regardless of how the help is accessed, unless the developer has thrown in another problem for good measure.

Are any of the books linked to topics? There has been a problem with that but, as indicated, if affected the help however called so I am not inclined to think that is the issue. Nonetheless see the Browsers page on my site.

You haven't mention what version of FF you have the problem with. Have you tried in the latest available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So simple...

I made a bug report about my Firefox problems and got a response:

---

Apply RH 7.01 and 7.02 patches and then try again.

You can download the patches from

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

---

Now my RH version number is 7.02.001.

First test suggest that this may have fixed one or more of my issues.

(the 7.03 patch seems to apply if RH is installed in Japanese)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will reinforce why Rick and I nag about including the Edition and Version of RoboHelp being used when someone starts or joins a thread!

Please see the announcement at the top of each forum category where the posts are listed.

Seems odd though that something a patch fixes only gave a problem in one project. I guess you were making use of some feature not in the samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have downloaded the patches, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2. But while installing, the setup wizard is asking me to remove all installed components. Should i remove all installed components and click on Next button to proceed? I am confused here, will it remove all installed components first and then reinstall robohelp again with patches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't known that. Can you post a screen shot? Use the camera icon above, not the Attach button.

Don't proceed for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robohelp7.0.2.jpg

Currently i have RoboHelp 7.01.001 installed. I am getting the above option while installing RoboHelp 7.0.2 service release. Why it is asking for Remove? After removing will it install the whole RoboHelp again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should only remove anything if you click the radio button.

You should be safe to proceed or you can wait while I make some enquiries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help > About and see what version is reported. Alternatively go to Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista). I think you will find that 7.0.2 is already installed.

The radio button you show would allow you to remove that patch and should only show if the patch is already installed.

Please let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information. Yes 7.0.2 is already installed in my system, that's why it was asking me to Remove. Now i am installing 7.0.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp