• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Document is licensed for a different user account

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping getting error message "Document is licensed for a different user account". Have tried reinstalling, tried deleting from library and bringing back in, opened webcase 4 months ago (no response) and again today (doubt I'll get response).

Any advice?
TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich, please post that case numbers and I'll get somebody on it.

Usually this is a failure in the process of migrating existing anonymous content over to named activation (which happens when you first install Digital Editions). It can be a real pain to solve though.. :(

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years later, here are the case n

umbers - same situation: 01

81618851, CH281068

10, ch21131133, 02

03526092 -

all the same problem, and all "resolved" by some

non-speaking English speaker who can't und

erstand a simple problem. I try to download a book from

a local library and get the above message. Erase, delete and

reinstall with the same result. I would be willing to pay, who

asked for free, but I would like something that allows me to

read, free, books forom my local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a response of the case and sent a response to their questions. I don't have the first case number, but my new is 0180444843.

Unfortunately, the response was a concern. Paraphrasing - here are some questions, however we might not know how to help so look on the forum for help. Respectfully, I thought that was what Tech Support was for - to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem and the solution is urgent!! do you have some solution for this issue?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich,

Here's what I see on the activation server..

On your per*** account you show three activations of Digital Editions, all with one fingerprint (which means they were all on the same machine).

Now, on the yahoo account you don't show any activations. I'm going to ask a senior agent to take over the case and I'm going to provide him with some steps to test..

Carlos, you should open a web case please.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. What is the process to follow to get this fixed?

I was on the phone with Customer Service then Tech Support then Customer Service then Second Line Support the Customer Service... Makes me wonder how much they are actually saving moving the call center to India????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no phone support for Digital Editions. Someone should have told you that.. sorry :(

All tech support is webcase only..

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened a webcase and no one responds.  I'm having all types of issues with ADE.  First the downloaded books would show up on Digital Editions and my nook as long as it was hooked up to the computer.  Once I eject, the books disappear.  I followed the instructions for re-registering that I found on this forum.  I did this over and over again to no avail.  I guess I did it too many times because then I received an activation error.  So I called Adobe and they couldn't help.  Now I'm getting a "document is licensed for a different user account" error message.  Can you pleeeeaaaase help me?  My case number is 0182023328.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2011 Jan 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this forum just for consumers to vent or does Adobe actually read these threads at anytime?  It seems to me that with all of the users having the same dang problem, someone from adobe should chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help - But to Deactivate

your computer - Open Digital Editions

<Ctrl><Shft> D. Then close down

and re-open. You can now reactivate using another account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!  Thanks for that last post on deactivating your computer ~ I started a topic about 2 months ago without any response on how to change the authorization of a computer with no replies and now I have this issue happening with the "Document licensed for a different user account" so I was looking here and found at least 1 answer to 1 of my problems!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Now to find the answer to this problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also reauthorize your reader. Connect by USB. Start ADE and press (ctrl)(shft) E.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also Deauthorize your Reader. Connect by USB and open ADE. Hit (Ctrl)(Shft) E.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this new upgrade. I sympathize with you, Bentley, for having to listen to all of our complaints. I was having the same problem as rich so I looked at all the suggested solutions: going into regedit and reauthorizing the computer (did this five times), deleting and reinstalling all adobe programs and trying to reopen, deleting library and trying to reload books, etc. Nothing works. The site is down for maintenance so I cannot open a ticket.

I am in the middle of a book and am very frustrated. I Don't want to rebuy the book as I have already paid for the one I am being currently locked out of. In addition, all of my other books no longer work so I am out the money I paid for those too. It doesn't sound like this problem is going to be solved anytime soon. However, I am already turned off the idea of using adobe. I've contacted the online bookstore I purchased my ebooks from as well about the problems I've been having. Also, I have asked them to convert my books to microsoft reader as it looks like this is a faster solution to my problems. Unhappy consumers make for unhappy retailers who take it out on the company that put out the crap update prematurely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tell me what to do, if possible

other books come through with no proble

except "mormonchslds_9781605011837_b.epub

error r eads like above

terryclift@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, unfortunately I dont know what to do, this only happened when I tried to load books from Barnes&noble unto my Bee-book, so I think this is related to Adobe Digital user rights.Adobe was not able to resolve this problem. now I use Diesel e-books to put on my bee-book and i dont have any problems.

have a good day

uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case #0180597792 is the same thing. I have an assignment due and cannot access the book due to "Document is licensed for a different user account" I used it as most recently as last night with no issue. Is there a quick fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2008 Dec 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Could someone please guide me as to how to get it fixed. I also need to transfer this book to my new laptop, But first want to solve the user account issue and be able to at least access the book I have already paid for.

Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Case # 0201561286. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling digital edition as well, but still has the same error message.
Please, is there a fix to this. I can't afford to loose all the money I spent on this book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document is licensed for a different user account

I didn't know that by refusing to send anonymous information it would totally lock me out. I can't even change it or reinstall it to change it back to the way it was.

Now I got at least 4 books that are DRM that I can't open. Has ANYBODY resolved this issue yet?

Or is Adobe going to reimburse us for this? Because the only way I have most of my training and reference manuals is in this format.

I'm on a Mac 10.5.6
My current version of Digital Editions is 1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there an answer to "Document is licensed for a different user account". I've read this book before, then I had to reload digital editions and now the above message appears. It is the same computer and I am the only user.

If this can't be resolved I will never purchase another pdf formatted book.

I find digital editions to be difficult to use. The black background and small font are not easy for older people to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is starting to really tick me off. Adobe really sucks. I have well over $500 worth of books that are downloaded and now can't be opened and I cannot upload new books because it is saying it is licensed for a different user account.

I know I want a fix to this now, as well does everyone else out there. If you can not fix it, please let me know so I can send you the bill for my books that are unreadable on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed laptops to one with W10. Tried transferring Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 with my library of KOBO epub books but in this laptop "Authorization needed". Which led to frustration which you seem familiar with. I downloaded and installed both Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 and the newer Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 from the internet- neither will open my ebooks without vendor authorization which, when I put in what I used to buy the books, ADE says is incorrect. ADE doesn't list KOBO as a vendor and putting in OverDrive as vendor does not work. This all works seamlessly on the old Windows XP Pro laptop and I read my ebooks and library ebooks without the authorization rigamarole. Totally handcuffed by absurdity which renders the new laptop virtually useless. I'm 80 years old which does not help matters. Adobe is mud.

John Spence    Surrey, BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue of opening the .pdf file. Are they (Adobe Support) looking into this issue right now? It seems to me that Adobe is so dump to let this happen. You must have a bad team of QA!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines