Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error message in adobe digital editions

Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am getting this message in Adobe Digital Editions when I open an epub I made

"the document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly"

The epub is displaying fine. I checked in Adobe, Sony, FBReader, and Calibre.

The html and css is valid. No warnings. Perfectly valid. All of it.

Epubcheck gives it no warnings or errors.

Some of the chapter titles in the table of contents are pretty long. Could that be a problem?

I have no idea how else to check it to find out what could be causing this error. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run epubcheck on your epub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my original post:

"Epubcheck gives it no warnings or errors."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if there were a list of why adobe digital editions might give this error message. Does such a list exist somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2010 Feb 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem.  epubcheck that I have on my desktop said no errors, but ADE would give the "minor errors" message.  I put some serious dents in my forehead from pounding it on the desk.

I uploaded my ePUB to http://www.threepress.org/document/epub-validate/ and let it validate against schemas that I don't have and it gave me the clue that I needed.  Because I had exported my book from MS-Word using their awful HTML export and then (through a series of ordeals) converted it to XHTML and cleaned up all the uglies.  But, there was one piece I forgot to fix.  The encoding value in the top-level xml element. It was set to Windows CP1252.  It has to be UTF-8 or UTF-16.  When I changed the encoding, I had to fix some of the quote marks that I had missed in earlier passes.

After making the encoding change and the final cleanup, I now have my book on my nook.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines