Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Locking Slides"

Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate at work to create a project for training purposes.  I want to create a project that will allow trainees to view the material in a powerpoint-ish fashion.  I was wanting more of a powerpoint on steriods approach.  I was curious if there was a way to "lock" the slides.  I do not want someone to just be able to go through them real fast by clicking the forward button.  I have looked quickly at Captivate and didn't see a way to do this.    We are actually trying to create cd-bootable CBT's.  Would this be the right program for this?  If not, could someone direct me to the right one, thanks!

Noah

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Trial is not hindered in any way but time to use the product. Other than that, it's fully functional. But then again, you knew that already because you read the Before you Post and Frequently Encountered Issues links, right?

You turn off the playback controls by clicking Project > Skin Editor.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is possible in Captivate. Perhaps the simplest way to accomplish it is to forego the playback controls and insert Buttons on each slide that allow the user to navigate from slide to slide. Stage the buttons so they aren't available until a certain time has elapsed.

You could also probably accomplish it using the new Advanced Actions to hide and show the playback controls, but given the choice between which method I'd use, buttons an no playbar. Hands down.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off the playback controls?  Is it possible to do it in the trial ver.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial is not hindered in any way but time to use the product. Other than that, it's fully functional. But then again, you knew that already because you read the Before you Post and Frequently Encountered Issues links, right?

You turn off the playback controls by clicking Project > Skin Editor.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick I'm not sure about this but maybe you know. When I downloaded the Captivate 3 trial looong ago it was indeed fully functional, but all the work created with it had an expiration date (think it was 1 month or something). You could not edit the expiration date in the Trial version so basically after a certain time your published projects wouldn't work anymore.

Does this also apply for Captivate 4?

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael

Yes, I do recall that in version 3 that was the case. I think that changed with version 4, but can't be certain. I suppose the only way I could be certain would be to take a virgin PC and install Captivate trial. Then check. I may be able to do that, not sure.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! THANK! I figured it out.  I went under Project, Skins Editor and then turned off the playback controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources