• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set the size of the banner (top frame)

Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does one set the height of the top nav pane?  Can I set the banner graphic to resize fit the space or can I resize the banner? My graphic didn't change, Robohelp processes it differently. Where do I go in the RH UI to fix it?

In previous versions of RH, the published help banners sported the name of the product on a picture background. RH 8 (RoboHelp for HTML) published as a WebHelp project now only displays about half of  the banner (84 X 1280 pixels), and thus the name of the product is cropped (truncated).

If I need to resize my graphics in MS Paint, where do I find the pixel size limits for that frame?

Thanks.

See the problems at http://docs.ubmatrix.com/ http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/RBME/3_5_2/Default.htm and http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/XDA/1_0_1/default.htm

old version (same graphic) is here http://docs.ubmatrix.com/webhelp/RBME/3_5/ReportBuilderHelp/RBME_Online_Help_Docs.htm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh oh, do I get to reward myself these points?

I did figure out to open/edit the skin...

On the WebHelp Skin Editor, I clicked Contents in the Main box, then in Background, selected the banner image, and in the Select Image, right-clicked the image, and selected Resize.

VIOLA!! I'm using trial and error to make the banner smaller...seems to be a vertical height limit of 60 something...maybe "when I'm 64" is today's mantra...been humming it.

Looks good. My 10 points...but boy what a hidden route to adjust the size of banner contents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still looking for a way to manage Navigation toolbar height. This is becoming my blog for resizing the navigation toolbar. Resizing the background .jpg to less than 60 px height did not resolve the problem.

RH "resizes" it (to my chagrin).

Now even the toolbar buttons are "cut off" (cropped at the bottom). I even changed the selected/deselected images.

Product Help has a single cryptic line:

"Note: The toolbar is automatically resized to accommodate images. Images are tiled in backgrounds for the content and label region backgrounds."

Perhaps RH processes this using the About image as the standard, because it surely isn't using the toolbar buttons.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I offer my apologies if you already did this and it failed. But I offer a download called the Skinny on Skins that you may find helpful.

Click here to download it

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboWizard,

I guess I figured that the tweaks in a .chm file from 2004 would have been addressed in the ensuing "improvements" to 4 or 5 product releases. I take it that I need to "tweak" the published files EVERY time I recompile.

The deal is, the SIZE was hunky dory in RH 5, and also in one published Help project from RH8.

I believe the "hinge pin" might be the About icon--because tweaking .js every time I recompile sort of defeats the purpose of having a Help publication tool.

However, thank you so much to rolling me back to the Gold Standard workaround. I'll give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Another way to coax a frame height is by simply creating some buttons that are that height. IIRC, the main toolbar will then self adjust to accommodate the height of the tallest button.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Rick Stone's free Skinny on Skins tutorial (specifically, the "Alter WebHelp Toolbar height" topic).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp