• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index & Search won't work after compiling to Webhelp (RH x5.0.2)

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I create the index, everything looks normal. When I view the compiled product (WebHelp) the Index and Search tabs are there, but when I click them, nothing happens. Nothing shows in the pane. When I put the cursor in the field, it just flickers, and whatever I type will not show in the search field. When I compile to MS HTML Help (.chm) both features work fine. I have a feeling something is corrupted, but I don't know which program-generated files are safe to delete. My browser is IE 6.0.2900. This behavior is the same whether it is on my computer in development mode, or loaded in the application I support.

The graphic pasted here is what I see when opening the product. Can anyone help me with this?

RH Index problem.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try generating to a new folder.

If that fails create a new layout, not a duplicate.

Otherwise I thought this was covered recently so try a search if this doesn't help.

Let us know how that goes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried compiling to a different folder, and that had no affect.

I compiled to a .chm and it worked fine. I have to use the WebHelp layout though.

I'll keep looking in the list of questions, but I found very few that referenced RH x5.

Thanks.

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say that you have tried creating a new layout for webhelp. Not a duplicate.

Right click in the layouts pod.

NewLayout.jpg

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both of your suggestions and neither worked. I just created a new project and imported the .htm's and it works fine now.

Becky Williams

Instructional Design, IT Systems Training | AT&T Services | 1125 E Campbell Rd | Richardson, TX 75080 | O: 972.952.8638 | M: 972.989.9155 | RW4124@att.com

(This message, including any attachments, is the property of and contains confidential information of AT&T Mobility. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender of the error and delete this message and any attachments.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously something got corrupted but you're OK now.

Take a look at Before You Post re including your email address. Let me know if you want it removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp