Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving images doesnt update links in topics

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 HTML.

I moved some images around, renamed the folder containing them (all in RH). But the topics that use those images still hold the old link, and wont update to where the folder where the iamges are stored so all the links are dead. Is there a way to force a re-scan or something to make the topics look for the new location of the images, or do I have to change the paths manually in each topic where the links are broken?

I would have thought that when moving images in RH it would update paths in topics where those images are used so that it wouldnt have to be done manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously those images were showing in Project Manager before you started moving the topics around, RH has always reworked the path reliably. It does not if you move them in Windows Explorer but you say that is not what you did.

If you right click an image and select Properties,  you can see Used In. Is that blank?

Create a test project and create some folders and topics with images. Move things around and check it all works as it should.

Post back how that goes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are being used, and I managed to fix it by renaming the folder to what it was, saving the project, closing it, re-opening it and then renaming the folder again. Now it all works. Perhaps some left over strnageness from the crash I had yesterday.

Now I've somehow got some of my images stored in 2 locations, being used in different topics rather than one image being shared amongst multiple topics. No quick way to fix that than to edit each link individually, unnless I can overwrite an image and merge all the links, though I can't find anything like ehat - nor do I expect to.

aaahhhh, the joys of new software.

I must say though, even with all the mistakes I've encountered, and all caused by me I know, I do like RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, no quick way. Copy the Used In list from one version of the image to Notepad and use that as a quick reference to the topics that need to be fixed or use Tools Reports to get a list of all the images and where they are used. Roll up your sleeves...

Good to hear you like RH as you have had a bit of a rough introduction.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp