• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8: Default Pod Layout

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to specify a default Pod layout in RH8?

It's a real pain to have to set things up the way you want them every time you start RoboHelp.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

What is it loading?

You can save an environment with the TOC editor open but it will not be there on re-opening. The layout should otherwise be as you saved it. Are you saving it in the same location as the supplied environment?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can save your pod layout, so you can load it when necessary. In the File menu, you can save your layout, load a saved layout, or restore the default layout. In RH7, this is directly under File, in Robo8, I thought it was a submenu. (I don't have Robo8 where I'm working now.) Another member will know exactly where it is located in Robo8.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8

File > Environment > Save Environment..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was it ok but it doesn't work for me. RoboHelp will not load with the saved environment.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it loading?

You can save an environment with the TOC editor open but it will not be there on re-opening. The layout should otherwise be as you saved it. Are you saving it in the same location as the supplied environment?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I wanted - the TOC editor open.

RoboHelp used to do this until it was improved!

Thanks all.

Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that if you have dual monitors , carefully arrange pods such as the Project Manager, Styles and Formatting, etc. on your secondary monitor, and save the whole thing to your default environment, RoboHelp will politely ignore the whole thing and pile all of your carefully arranged pods on top of each other at the right side of your primary monitor when you re-open RoboHelp and reload the environment. I thought most folks were using dual monitorrs these days and that's what dual monitors were for. Oh well, maybe by RoboHelp HTML 25 Adobe will get RoboHelp up to, let's say, something like 1999 technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It likely won't happen unless enough folks ask for it. Use the Wish Form for that. (Link is in my sig)

For what it's worth, while the popularity of dual monitors is steadily gaining ground, I still see the vast majority of users on single monitors.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting post and thanks for confirming this dual monitor issue Larry, thought I was going quite mad the other day.

Off to submit a Wish form myself right now. Adobe are pretty good listeners and sure if enough of us put it on the wish list something will happen, but as Rick says, they need to know how many people feel strongly about it and are unlikely to be monitoring these forums.

Cheers all

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How glad I was to find this thread!  The more I use TS2 and CS4, the more astonished I am at the level of inconsistency across the Adobe application interfaces. RoboHelp should look and work exactly like FrameMaker. Can't Adobe afford to hire an extra programmer or two?  Off to the 'feature request' area to ask Adobe nicely for a RoboHelp interface that matches the other applications sold in the same 'suite' (i.e. mish-mash of old acquisitions)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm astonished that you would insist that RoboHelp look and work identically to FrameMaker. Geez, you wish to force all existing RoboHelp users to adopt to the way FrameMaker looks and works?

As a person that has used RoboHelp since 1992, I have to say that upon opening Frame for the first time I was utterly lost with nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) to guide me along! Sure, the help said this gizmo does this and that gizmo does that. But there was nothing that said "Here is what a Frame project consists of, You create this first, then add that." It seems the expectation is that you are just supposed to already know how to use the product.

My suggestion would be to offer an ability to choose between two different interfaces. One geared toward Frame users and one geared toward RoboHelp users.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I wouldn't want the FrameMaker interface. I like the RoboHelp interface; I just want it to remember my dual monitor setup. Although, I must say, it would be nice if Adobe got consistent. RoboHelp could most definitely use a better WYSIWYG editor, say just like the one in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, please don't misunderstand me. Compared with using the unbelievably archaic FM 7.2 interface, it was a massive relief to see it finally updated to use the 'standard' Adobe workspace / panel system when I got FM9 (as part of TS2). Now I'm starting to use RoboHelp, I seem to be back in the FM 7.2 situation again!  I don't want to trash this thead, so I'll just leave it here saying I have entered my 'feature' request for a multi-monitor friendly CS4-style workspace + panel system to be provided in RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I would not like Robohelp to look like Framemaker; however, I don't see why Robohelp could not be optionally integrated into Framemaker or Dreamweaver (my preference). After all, they integrated it into MS Word.

Would also really like a proper dual-monitor setup. In my office, most people now have a dual-monitor setup, a nice big flat panel and the old monitor from their previous machines. I would also imagine that folk like us are more likely to have a dual setup than most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp