• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date field shows 09 as February

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a date field as the publication date in RobHelp 8 projects. This month, RoboHelp is showing the month as February, although numeric representation (09) is correct. The updater does not show any patches for RoboHelp 8.

Does anyone know if there is a way to correct this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a format with the date in alpha format. Looking at the options, all the numeric fields seem to be correct. So 09/09/03 is correct.

What I wouldn't want to be so sure of is that tomorrow is 09/09/04, you might want to test that.

You should report this as a bug. http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported the bug. However, I am using plain text for the date until the problem is resolved, since we have business reasons for using text, instead of numbers.

Thanks for telling me where to report the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you could find some javascript that would do it for you. Maybe one of your developers could write something?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping that Adobe is embarrassed enough to issue a patch for this one.

Using JavaScript would be simple enough for me, but my successors may not like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As I understand it a service release (patch) is a significant time investment and affects the timeline for future version development. So it would have to be a pretty glaring omission!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean use it as a permanent solution. Just until Adobe patch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into the same problem and took Peter's advice and entered a bug. I got a response back from Vivek Kumar saying that they are working on a fix (yay!) and that the problem only occurs for the month of September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp