• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I can’t remove an empty subfolder?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can’t remove an empty subfolder? I can hide it. I don’t know how that folder got created; at least I can’t remember creating it. I don’t see its use and I want to remove it but I can’t. After I select this folder to remove it the delete option becomes grayed out. I am afraid if I don’t delete this empty folder it might unnecessarily show in the table of contents. I am not sure what hiding the folder does when you create a .chm file or the word help file, is it still going to show in the table of contents or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you automatically creating the TOC? Even if you were, unless there is a topic inside the folder I'd be totally surprised if it was listed there.

The bottom line is that RoboHelp believes there is content inside the folder that is still being used. This means you have a reference somewhere inside a topic pointing to something inside the folder. Might be an image, CSS file or something else.

Once you figure out what that something is, you are able to kill the reference and finally delete the folder from RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will look into it.

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I have solved the mystery how this project sub folder was created. I had created this out of the Project Manager, in RoboScreenCapture tool and had saved some images in this sub folder. I deleted all those images in RoboScreenCapture tool and then deleted that sub folder. However, if I come back to Project Manager, I still see this sub folder there. I don’t know what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

You should never delete files or folders using anything other than RoboHelp. As I said earlier, the reason you see the folder and the delete option isn't available is because RoboHelp believes it is in use. This means you have probably inserted the image(s) in a topic(s). By deleting the images from the folder using RoboScreenCapture or Windows Explorer, you have introduced missing image(s) in a topic. That's bad news.

You can probably figure out where the references are by looking at the images pseudo folder in the project manager. The missing images should be listed with a red X. You could then right-click the image and inspect the Properties to determine which topics are expecting to use the image. Once you have that info, you are able to edit the topic(s) and kill the references. Once all references are gone the delete option for the folder should be available from RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp