Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display image based on button

Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Captivate 4 trial to discover a few techniques.

I want to display multiple images on one slide based on buttons pressed by the user, so they can see a number of options based on what they want to do, rather than going to completly new slides.

I've used a button to SHOW an image on the slide, and other buttons to show other images. My problem is with the timings on the slide because when the user presses the Back button to review prior slides and then continues back to the slide I have created, all the images show at the same time.

Soo, is there a simple way to resolve this? Any tips gratefully received.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the tutorial linked below helps any.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

Well, that was part of the solution. I was trying to avoid Action Variables for a while. I thought something as basic as show and hide would be a basic object in Captivate.

Using an action variable enabled me to show an image and pause the slide. Very good.

Now I am faced with the reality that if the user goes back in the presentation and then comes forward to the same slide the hidden image is already displayed. I will sit with this and see if I can find a solution.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is also possible to link an Advanced Action to "Slide exit". Since you are experimenting with Actions, this could make you an expert right away

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have been forced into using advanced actions and widgets within a couple of days of evaluating Captivate 4. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions to my questions and to the other posts which finally gave me the clue of what to do to achieve what I consider rather basic e-Learning techniques.

It does get easier from here, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gerardgreen:

Hey!

I am assuming you have already explored the rollovers?  I am having some trouble visualizing what you want, but I have easily used a highlight box as if it were a button, with the target area for the rollover positioned over the highlight box.

No issues with showing, no isses when going back to slides, etc.

You probably already got there, but figured I would share my 2 cents...

nuguy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources