Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Recording SolidWorks Demonstration with Captivate

Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a graphic issue when I try and do a software simulation using the SolidWorks CADD program. The screen is broken up with items from other areas of the computer desktop.

Here is a picture. Everything in the center background should not be there. The part, assembly, and drawing dialog should not be showing.

SolidWorks uses Open GL but I am not sure if that would cause this issue.

Any imputs toward a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew

Captivate and SolidWorks.JPG

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with another CAE/CAE package--it seems to paint the previously displayed dialog. If I do a refresh in my CAD program, it goes away, and then I can just delete that slide after recording. This only happens to me in the 1280x1024 resolution--if I reduce my screen resolution, the problem no longer happens. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thanks for the input JBorch. I think that will allow me to work around my problem.

I wonder if there is a more elegant  solution out there though.

I did try the reduced resolution also but no luck in that direction. I will just keep trying to see if I can figure it out. Meanwhile I will use your refresh solution.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources