Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Issue with Custom Render to PDF

Level 10

Jasmin or Anyone,

I have customized the Default Render to PDF. The addition is i need to attach a document while rendering.

The modified process is attached. When i try to render, i am getting an error. Error log also attached.

It would be great if anyone can help me to solve this issue.

Nith

6 Replies

Level 10

When I looked at the Attachments property of the render step it says the following:

"Files to add to the rendered form as attachments. Type: a map of document values.".

Try to put your attachment in a map of documents as oppose to a list of documents.

Jasmin

Level 10

thanks jasmin,

I will try that.

Nith

Level 10

There were few problems with the data import. After correcting that, it works.

Thanks,

Nith

Level 2

This is regarding RenderPDFForm in LC ES2:

The start point of the ES2 workflow has List variable as the option for attachments. but in RenderPDFForm service a Map variable should be used so that it throws the following error:

wsdescription="null" wscreatorid="A940AA22-6659-B046-1503-7B34BCBF8441" wsupdatedate="Wed Feb 03 14:07:37 GMT+05:30 2010" wsfilename="Adobe_LiveCycle_Workbench_ES2_InstallLog.log" wspermission="3"/></document>] of type: java.util.ArrayList to type: interface java.util.List
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toMap(CoercionUtil.java:1229)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.CoercionUtil.toType(CoercionUtil.java:1009)
at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.CoercionUtil.toType(CoercionUtil.java:168)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.processMapping(PEUtil.java:1095)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.invokeAction(PEUtil.java:798)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.SynchronousBranch.handleInvokeAction(SynchronousBranch.java:510)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.SynchronousBranch.execute(SynchronousBranch.java:888)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2797)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2551)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1519.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:173)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:77)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:430)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:103)
at $Proxy218.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.service.ProcessCommandExecutorService.continueBranch(ProcessCommandExecutorService.java:39)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)
at com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker.invoke(WorkflowDSCInvoker.java:154)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

It tells cannot convert to List to Map...

Can anyone help me ..?

thanx

Balaji

Level 10

You'll need to convert the list into a map.

You can build a loop in the process to do that or leverage the ExecuteScript service and do it through code.

Jasmin