• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the localized resource files for this application could not be loaded. please reinstall or repair the application and try again

New Here ,
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the localized resource files for this application could not be loaded. please reinstall or repair the application and try again

anyone can help me with this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

I removed the exe from Program Files and reinstalled fresh. Resolved it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anyone can help you - can you provide a ltitle more information - rather than just an error message...

What are you trying to do when you get this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting and have repeatedly gotten the same error on multiple machines. It occurs when trying to launch the application. During install there are errors about  "EN languages files ... Error 2".  

This, in combination with many other errors on multiple machines makes this the overall worst version experience ever from Adobe.

Come on, folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The phrase "localized resource files" mean the content for a specific language. For example, the phrases for the menu system. "EN" is the two-letter code for English. It would appear that you are missing the content for running the program in English. If you had errors during installation, you probably should address those, because the broken installation is probably the reason the program won't launch.

I'll echo Nadia. What version of Fireworks are you trying to install? What operating systems are you working with? What language(s) do you have? Are you trying to install a language other than the default?

dgennetten wrote:

Come on, folks.

This is a user-to-user support forum, not an Adobe tech-support forum. We will do our best to help you, but if you are impatient, perhaps you would rather contact Adobe technical support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have a broken installation. Trying to get the download link (my registration for CS3/4 is onfile on adobe.com, but no download link) after two days of multiple hours on hold with Adobe "customer support" has me jaded.

Trying to install CS4 on 64bit Dell hardware. Both Win7 and Vista.

I get this error with both Illustrator and Fireworks. And a very disturbed installation of InDesign.

After install (the most recent attempt -- it varies each time):

"Sorry you are experiencing trouble with this installation...."

"Adobe Illustrator CS4 LangPack (en_US)

Error:

Error 2.

LangPack (English) for DeviceCentral

Error:

Error 2. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.

I understand how being on hold with support can be a frustrating experience. But it sounds like you need Adobe Tech support, which is beyond what most of us here can reliably offer.

One thing that strikes me, though. I don't know about the other elements of the Suite, but Fireworks is not certified to work under the 64-bit OS (see http://www.adobe.com/products/fireworks/systemreqs/). Have you tried installing on a 32-bit OS and do you get the same errors?

For software that does come in 32- and 64-bit flavors, they're usually offered as separate products. You can't always put a 32-bit product on a 64-bit box or vice-versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed adobe cs4 onto vista the only problem is I get the above error message when trying to open Illustrator. I have uninstalled the entire program three times and done a reinstall along with a reboot and nothing changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My hard drive crashed, I got a new one and I can't seem to reload AI without getting the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution. I'm having the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have this filed away for installation problems on a Dell:  See if it helps:

Dell laptops:

CS4 installation problem: Flash/Dreamweaver/Fireworks won't open

Other than that, I'm afraid that the only people that can help would be Adobe Support.

Trying using this email instead for support and see what happens:   (Make sure you explain fully the problem you are having and what you have tried to fix the problem)   adbecare@adobe.com.

--

Nadia

Adobe® Community Expert : Dreamweaver

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unique CSS Templates | Tutorials | SEO Articles

http://www.DreamweaverResources.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Design & Development

http://www.perrelink.com.au

http://twitter.com/nadiap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i think it is, is that adobes installer was missing key files. so when you got it you didn't recive those files. what im doing is transfering photoshop elements 8 from my school computer to my home one. so im going to look in photoshop at the files its running and see what files im missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having this same problem. Just replaced a failed (non system) hard drive and now I have to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator from Adobe CC every time I want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed the exe from Program Files and reinstalled fresh. Resolved it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines