• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document is licensed for a different user account

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've searched around and found people with similar problems but not resolutions.  here what i did, paid for and downloaded an ebook from a website, first time installing ADE on my computer so bypassed the adobe id, didn't really think i needed it.  a few days later i wanted to view it on my laptop, so i created an id and disregaurded the warning that i wouldn't be able to access my books i already had.  well, needless to say, i can no longer view my ebook on the original computer i downloaded them on, logged into my laptop, activated my computer with the adobe id, downloaded the book again from the original website, and still got the error message.  so i can no longer view my ebook on any of my computers.  any help here would be appreciatted? doesn't make sense how activating a computer should erase access to original ebooks.  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you have two options to fix your problem:

1.) Talk to customer support, for the place where you bought your book, and explain what happened.  They may issue you a new download link.

2.) Talk to Adobe Customer Support (http://www.adobe.com/support/digital (click on "Submit a web case").  They can associate your old anonymous account with a new AdobeID (this is best if it's another email address you have access to).  However if you have bought other books using your current AdobeID you wont be able to view both those books and your old book at the same time.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help, put in a case to adobe and an email to the company i bought it from.  i will update when i get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

talked to the company i bought it from, issued a new download link, and know i get a e_lic_already_fulfilled_by_another_user error message, any thoughts there? do i need to ask the company for a new license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, or if you are tired of them you can still take your chance with Adobe Support (which hasn't really been great lately).

If you decide to go back with company you bought the book from, I'll private message you the appropriate verbiage to use with their customer support to help with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the dame thing and encountered the same problem.  may I have the magic words alos, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  There is no way to deauthorize Digtal Editions and as a result when I changed my email address.  I have one computer autorized on my previous email and one computer that says too many autorizations and the books are authorized under a different accont and therefore can't read any books on the second computer my Desktop.

Why is it imposible to de-autorize and uninstall Digtal Editions so that this does not happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOu can deatuhorise.

hold CTRL+SHIFT+D

It doesn't reset the activation number but it will let you use another account.

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines