• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML Compiler. Finished compiling HTMLHELP in175 sec(s)

Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in RoboHelp v7 and when I go to generate my CHM Files to a folder on my D Drive I get the above Fatal Error.

I have recreated the folder and path where the generated CHM files are to be created and this seemed to fix the problem for one publish, but now it is back.

I have found a work around which allows me to publish which is removing some spaces from the file name of the CHM files that are generated.

Any help is muchly appreciated even though I have a work around I still need to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Kristy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, D drive is my local drive on my workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a project with a name that has a space in it and you have not updated RoboHelp with the patches. Correct?

Spaces are best avoided but the patches did fix this.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we do have a project name with spaces in it and have not updated RoboHelp any patches.

Would you suggest patching RoboHelp to the lastest version of RoboHelp 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given they fix the problem and other problems, yes. You should always install the patches when released.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. You have to install all three in order. Go to the Help menu and you will see the Update option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to look at what patches need to be applied I went under Help and Update was greyed out. Would this be because we don't have these enabled - to be able to apply patches?

Note:Because of the secure environment we work in applying patches is kept to a limited amount.

I would also like to mention that your help has been muchly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that you don't have admin rights. You will need to get your IT people to log in and install them. No reported issues seen on the forums as a result of installing these patches other than one RoboHelp for Word problem so that will not affect you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp