Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applied Skin lost for all topics

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was playing around with my project's default skin and after I saved I saw a message appear near the bottom of the screen that said "Applying skin...". It went through and updated all of my topics with the new settings. I then wanted to revert the changes back again because I didn't like the result, but it didn't re-apply the changes again after I saved. I have tried restarting RH, reloading topics and the only way it appears that I can resolve it is to go into the topic properties, remove the skin and reapply it. This is very time consuming in such a large project!

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to manually ask RH7 to apply a skin to all / many topics at once?

Regards,
darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008
If you change to the Topics tab (right hand side in RH6) then you can select multiple topics using the normal windows Ctrl and Shift options. Right-click and select Properties, and on the General tab you can select a template which will be applied to all selected topics.
HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot apply a skin to a topic. What are you seeing in Topic Properties that affects skins?

Skins are applied to a layout when you generate the help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry I meant templates, not skins! I always get confused between templates and skins, sorry!

I have gone through and re-applied my template to each topic, but for future reference do you know a way to apply a template to many topics at once?

Regards,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change to the Topics tab (right hand side in RH6) then you can select multiple topics using the normal windows Ctrl and Shift options. Right-click and select Properties, and on the General tab you can select a template which will be applied to all selected topics.
HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Amebr,

That's exactly what I needed.

Regards,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp