• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't read in Digital Editions activated with same Adobe ID used to buy eBook

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I had to reinstall Windows and consequently Digital Editions. However, although the new Digital Editions' installation was successfully authorized with the same Adobe ID used previously - from which I have successfully purchased, downloaded and read eBooks -, I am now not able to access purchased content.

I first tried to open the pdf files of purchased eBooks - after successfully authorizing the new DE installation with the same Adobe ID -, but it didn't work. This should have worked, according to the products FAQ (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/faq/ - Content Portability section).

I then tried to redownload the content from the provider (McGraw-Hill Primis Online eBookstore). I could download the content, but it still cannot be opened.

Any suggestions on what else I can do to recover my purchased content?

Thank you very much in advance.

Andre Saito

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not enough information here (ie the specific error message you get when you try to open up a book), to really say what's going on.

I would suggest that you open up a support case ( http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and click on "Submit a web case" ), as you can give them more information over email, than you probably want to give out on an open forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim. I will open a web case.

The error message I get is something like 'Document is not licensed to this device'. The reason I haven't posted it is because the interface is in Portuguese.

Error message (in pt-br):

New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century, 8th Edition:
O documento não está licenciado para este tipo de dispositivo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines