• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch create snippets from topics?

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just wondering if its possible to batch create snippets from a heap of topics. I've got a lot of topics that I want to create snippets from for single source purposes and having to add them to the snippet library one by one is becoming teadous. Just wondering if it can be done, evena drag and drop or something would speed things up.....

another quick thing, once I've create these snippets (from topics), the original topic that they were made from is now totally redundant isn't it? meaning I can delete it, I can see any relationship between the 2.

These are only snippets made from an entire topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm unclear on how snippets will help here. Please advise us on exactly how this topic you wish to change to a snippet currently works. Are you inserting it using inline frames or what?

I'm failing to see why you would want to change an entire topic to a snippet.

Indeed if you had the topic content as a snippet you would be able to delete the topic as the data is now inside the snippet.

Snippets are used to insert repetitive text into certain areas of other topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of topics that were created based on heading levels that dont need to have their own headings, or topics, they maybe explain a section with only 2 or 3 sentences and need to be embedded in another topic and some outputs need all of these small topics, and some don't, so I need to make them into snippets but there are quite a few. Looks like manually doing it is the only way though. Thats something you cant do in RH is it, multi-select topics in the Project Manager view.

thanks though, I will create my snippets and delete the topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Yes, you are correct in saying you cannot multiple select topics in the Project Manager view.

But you can in the Topic List pod.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp