Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe -- please indicate approximate price for CF Builder

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you please tell us the approximate price of CF Builder?  The reason I need to know is because it doesn't make sense for me and some other folks I work with to learn the Beta if CF Builder is going to be several hundred dollars. 

Thanks much -- your answer will help move us forward

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off this topic has been discussed here recently and when I took a look at the recent discussion it was only halfway down the first page.  It is ok to search through the forums some before you ask a question.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/478496?tstart=0

Adobe has not release any idea for what price they are going to put on the builder.  Nor are they going to post it on here before they are ready too.  They know the community wants to know the price.

The truth be told if you are worried about learning it and not being worth it, I would suggest using CFEclipse, in the overal scheme of things it is not going to be very different.  They are both eclipse based and Adobe did support CFEclipse for a little while.  I have also heard from some Adobe representitives that they are going to be aggressive with pricing it to help make it competitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note I am requesting someone from Adobe to answer this question.  The other thread you referred to is full of speculation from non-Adobe people.

In my opinion, I believe that it would be helpful for Adobe to make some indication as to price when they are inviting folks to learn/evaluate/comment on/etc a new piece of software -- perhaps indicate the base version will be free, there may/will be a coming professional version, or whatever can guide folks to know if they ought to invest the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please note I am requesting someone from Adobe to answer this question.  The other thread you referred to is full of speculation from non-Adobe people.

This forum is intended solely for community participation, and Adobe do not monitor it in an official capacity.  Community speculation is as good as you're going to get here.

If you want to talk to someone about pricing, you're gonna have to give them a call.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation