• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

php pages not displaying

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to my previous, unanswered question, I have now made the connection to the remote server, but my php pages do not display on my browser. Instead, I get this:

Warning: require_once(file:///C|/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/TRS/Connections/trs_db.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turtlero/public_html/guestbook.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [
function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///C|/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/TRS/Connections/trs_db.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turtlero/public_html/guestbook.php on line 1

Line 1 reads: <?php require_once('file:///C|/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/TRS/Connections/trs_db.php'); ?>

I have tried editing this line to indicate the remote server.  I have even tried deleting this line, but I still get the same error message indicating my testing server files.

I don't know if this is related, but I noticed that the mm_server script folder that I moved from my testing server to my local root folder does not display on my DW file directory, so I haven't able to put it to the server.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ED-H wrote:

As an update to my previous, unanswered question,

Please do not start a new thread to continue a previous question. Just add a follow-up in the same thread. Starting a new thread only causes confusion if someone sees your original thread and replies to it. Answers get spread all over the place, and it's difficult to keep track of what has and hasn't been said.

I have locked your original thread to prevent anyone from following up there. Please keep the rest of the discussion here.

I have now made the connection to the remote server, but my php pages do not display on my browser. Instead, I get this:

Warning: require_once(file:///C|/XAMPP/xampp/htdocs/TRS/Connections/trs_db.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turtlero/public_html/guestbook.php on line 1

The require_once() is pointing to the Connections folder on your local hard disk. There's no way in a million years that it will work.

I have tried editing this line to indicate the remote server.  I have even tried deleting this line, but I still get the same error message indicating my testing server files.

I don't know if this is related, but I noticed that the mm_server script folder that I moved from my testing server to my local root folder does not display on my DW file directory, so I haven't able to put it to the server.

The _mmServerScripts folder is used only by Dreamweaver to communicate with MySQL while you are developing your application. It is not used by the application itself. The MySQL connection script does all the necessary communication.

Your problems stem from not setting up the testing server definition correctly on your local computer. See the tutorial on setting up a PHP development environment, particularly the page on defining the PHP site in Dreamweaver: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/setting_up_php.html.

With a correct site definition and testing server setup, you should be able to upload the files in your Dreamweaver site, and everything should work fine, as long as you have used the same username and password as given to you by your hosting company. The only exception is if your hosting company locates the MySQL server on a different machine from your website. In that case, you need to replace localhost  with the name of the server. However, in the vast majority of cases, the MySQL and web servers are on the same machine, so localhost normally works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help and I apologize for not following protocol earlier.

I started from scratch with a new test page created on my testing server, making sure I followed the php setup instructions correctly. I did a SAVE AS to copy this page into the root folder of the website I created it for, then I put the file to the server side.  When I look it at with my browser, it is blank. No error message, nothing but the URL displayed.  If I open it from the server side, the coding for text and an input form are there, but none of it shows.

I have the testing server for my website set as the remote server.  Is there something I am supposed to do with the Connection before I move the file into my website root folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ED-H wrote:

When I look it at with my browser, it is blank. No error message, nothing but the URL displayed.  If I open it from the server side, the coding for text and an input form are there, but none of it shows.

There's an explanation of why you sometimes get a completely blank page in PHP in the Dreamweaver FAQ. It's in the item called Why is my PHP page blank?

Use the technique described at the end of that page to turn on the display of error messages temporarily in your script. I suspect that the problem is that the server can't find the Connections include file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines