• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 8.1.3 adobe pdf printer error

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe 8.1.3 installed on a Windows XP machine. When I try to print to the adobe pdf printer, the printer que shows the status of the print job as "Error - Printing" and I get a dialog box called "Save PDF File As" and no matter how many time I click save or cancel the dialog box continues to pop up.  Only after I cancel the print job manually (in the queue) can I get the pop up box to go away.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you print-to-file with the Adobe PDF printer and then open that file in Distiller to complete the conversion process? If so, you likely have disabled AcroTray (check the running processes - ctrl-alt-del - and see if it is running). It can be started from the Distiller folder and should be listed in the startup folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Bill@VT. I checked and AcroTray was running.

Here is some more info:

When I try to print to a pdf the pdf file is created and saved but the "Save to PDF" box continues to pop up (the print queue still shows an error). Also, the saved file is a form that has input fields. The input in those fields shows up as little squares in the printed pdf.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have discovered a solution to this problem.

See attached PDF file for possible solution.

Check out and see if this works.

Tariq

bluemac316 wrote:

I have adobe 8.1.3 installed on a Windows XP machine. When I try to print to the adobe pdf printer, the printer que shows the status of the print job as "Error - Printing" and I get a dialog box called "Save PDF File As" and no matter how many time I click save or cancel the dialog box continues to pop up.  Only after I cancel the print job manually (in the queue) can I get the pop up box to go away.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks tariqm1,

This port switch fixed the small annoyance of a problem that had been plaguing me for years!

Great post.

-jacob.ritchie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the double post---I got an error message on my first post, was not sure if it went through.

Tariq

Message was edited by: tariqm1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines