Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHTML will not compile with Conditional Build Expression

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software: RoboHelp HTML

Version: 8.0.0.203  (purchased as part of Technical Communication Suite)

I have a project that will not compile WebHelp if I use a conditional build expression.

The project compiles fine if I do not use a conditional build tag expression.

If I try to use a conditional build tag expression (even as simple as NOTDraft), the compile stops as soon as it reaches the Updating Files step.

Once it stops, I have to restart RoboHelp.

I am able to compile other projects.

This project contains many topics that are imported from Word documents.

Ironically, I fought hard to get this company to purchase RoboHelp and convinced them it was a rock-solid tool. Now, my primary project will not compile as expected, so I am in hot water.

In the days that I have waited for a response from Adobe Support that said, basically - open up a discussion in this forum, I eliminated any topics that looked strange to me. (We had a few documents that used number headings, and the results in Search and Index were not acceptable.) Still will not compile with a conditional build expression.

I've also deleted all my conditional tags, and created a new one. Still will not compile.

Without being able to use Conditional Builds on this project, I cannot single source. I've resorted to creating duplicate projects and cutting out the topics - which is a recipe for disaster.

Any assistance deeply appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing from Word, there can be tags that cause problems but usually only with printed documentation. Might be worth search for them though.

These will be found in the head section.

<meta name=Originator content=ImportDoc>
<meta name=OriginalFile content=Working_Copy_2008_Procedures.doc>

This one will be found in the body.

<p style="mso-bookmark: REQ_Requisitions_Link_Menu;">

Have you tried one of the sample projects to establish it is your project rather than the installation?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I will search for these tags. (It appears to be only this project.

If I create a new one, I can use conditional tags with no problems.)

This is a pretty large project, so it may take some time to wipe all this

out. I will let you know.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back if that is not it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fast way to find those tags? I have about 300 topics in this

project.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the built in Multi File Find and Replace tool or use BKReplaceEm or FAR which you can find on this page. http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/links/links.htm

Search on part of the string to get a list of affected topics, if any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp