• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

specs for Custom Icons?

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 4, trying to publish an exe from the Aggregator but I think this applies to publishing an exe from a project as well.

What is the format or specifications of the file for custom icons? When using our standard ico file the resolution of the icon when placed on the screen is terrible. See attached. I've tried other of our ico files with the same results so there must be something not quite right about them for Cap4.

Thanks,

Janet

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet

Forums 101: never Never NEVER attach images. Instead, use the camera icon. Well, only if you actually want us to SEE the images!

Often they end up endlessly queued and unavailable. If you insert using the camera icon, we see them without having to click or wait for approval.

Formats are discussed in the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. It still isn't working for me. Our icon guy gave me new ico files with the correctly sized images.

icon compare3.jpg

I used the camera that time

Oh, I swear I searched the pdf of the manual and didn't find that info the first time. Is the pdf different than the on-line version you directed me to?

Anyone else using a custom icon successfully?

Thanks again!

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet

It could well be that you are seeing yet another limitation of the Aggra... Aggregator.

I might suggest you consider filing a bug report.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same results if I publish a project, with a custom icon, not through the Aggregator.Makes me think its my ico files.

Anyone having success with custom icons? If I don't hear of any I'll report a bug.

Thanks.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I submitted a bug. I'll post back if I hear from Adobe.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources