Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase width of navigation toolbar in a skin

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 7 HTML.

I am single sourcing to several outputs, one of which needs to have this width increased as it appears on the device (iPhone) too small to make out the icons or text.

There is a workround in Skinny on Skins, but it requires replacing a file every time the project is generated as it gets overwritten. Before I try this method, I wanted to find out if there is a better way of doing this.

Thanks,

City Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

With RoboHelp the skins files all have "seed" files that are stored where the install folder for RoboHelp is. If you modify the seed file it should then propagate to the output without your having to modify each time.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

this is on the right track but I should give a little more background.

• In order to create the two outputs, I have two separate CSS files (one for Mobile  having very large fonts). I generate one, switch the CSS in the .htt template, apply the template and generate the other output.
  • Because the outputs are going (a) to the Web and (b) to an iPhone, I have two different skins called (a) comprehensive OLH and (b) Mobile OLH. My change is needed to skin (b). I have only 3 custom buttons on this skin.
  • I need to make the nav pane toolbar deeper to accommodate larger icons (or text) which will be legible and tappable on the iPhone.
  • I ASSUME I should be following the instructions to 'Alter the initial opening height of the toolbar' in your Skinny on Skins doc?
  • Problem is, that when I go to the !skinSubFolder! there is no Mobile OLH folder, only one for vista flash of course, and Comprehensive OLH and default. I am assuming that the default skin is actually the Mobile OLH skin because it has the appropriate graphics in it. So, I would make my changes to the defalt.skn file.

My questions now are:

Where is the seed file? Does it have a .skn extension? Would the path be something like C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHELP\sqSkinsExt\XslFiles

This is scarey stuff for me Rick! Maybe, while I wait for your response, I will try out the fix you describe in Skinny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp