• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

streaming .swf?

Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i am creating fairly long videos which i am exportng to swf using the FTP export option. the problem is that the swf files are very large and when i view the .swf's in the browser i noticed that the entire file needs to be downloaded first which can take anywhere up to 10 minutes before it will start playing. is there an export option where i can create a file that will stream in realtime for my users?

cheers

angus

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Captivate at all?

Why are you exporting your videos to SWF? If they are videos then you should keep them as FLV's as they allow progressive download. To my knowledge SWF's cannot be streamed.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes I am using captivate. I do not see a .flv export option anywhere - only .swf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Captivate cannot export as FLV. I think because you mentioned you were creating videos, Michael may have assumed you meant lots of full motion movie type videos and not Captivate videos.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great thanks for the info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it is not really streaming....In the publishing options I would select a preloader and set the percentage to a lower number than 100%.

This is found in the Project Perferences...Project...Start and End.  This is where you can select a preloader and the percentage to begin at.

As long as you have a linerar video (no massive jumping between slides) and your download rate is pretty consistent you could set this to like 50%.  Which means the video will start playing after 50% load.  You just want to make sure that your playing video does not catch up to the the downloaded portion.  If it does it will pause and resume once that portion has been downloaded.

You will need to try several settings to get the right one but I think you might find that this might help get your video started sooner than waiting for 100% to be loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources