• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID no longer valid.

Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consider this to be a major issue.

In June, 2008 I notified Adobe of a problem I experienced attempting to authorize content purchased using my Adobe ID. After repeated delays, I received this in response :

'I think I'll have to escalate this case to try and find out what could be happening here. I've never seen an Adobe ID formatted like that before and it's not recognised by the activation tool, but something, somewhere must be recognising it, because it's been used to apparently, successfully activate Digital Editions.'

Since then, no meaningful dialog has taken place between Adobe and myself. In fact Adobe has closed my case and withdrawn subsequent inquiries in this regard.

If the integrity of an Adobe ID is compromised, then the content purchased using that ID becomes worthless, and trust in the Adobe's DRM system is misplaced.

I'm at the end of my tether with Adobe and I'm currently considering my options. It would seem that I can either take this matter to a consumer protection body or take matters into my own hands and bypassing Adobe's DRM system altogether.

Can anyone suggest an alternative remedy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post your original case number, I can ping our support people to see what's happened.  A year seems an excessive time to resolve a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original report of the problem (Case #0180323892) was on Friday, 25 July 2008 16:54:40 o'clock BST.

This case, along with a number of others was simply deleted by Adobe support after a suitable delay.

Case #180872209 generated some correspondence, before it too was deleted by Adobe.

It has been said that you shouldn't ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

However, I'm beginning to suspect that even Adobe cannot be this incompetent.

If there is a fundimental problem with Adobe ID's, it has serious implications for e-commerce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bennet,

Thanks for the case numbers, I'll get it forwarded to support, to see if I can't get some action on this for you, and just to see what their side of the story is.    I'm deeply sorry for the frustration you must be feeling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suprise, suprise! No response yet from Adobe.

But, to be perfectly honest previous experience didn't leave me with any expection any action.

If Adobe's screw-up is denying me fair use of product I've purchesed, I'm begining to feel that I'd be justified in remove the impediment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my previous posting, I recieved a customer support message :

'It is determined that your issue was already on work in progress status'

What nonnsense!

If that was indeed the case, why were all previous cases marked 'withdrawn' or 'closed'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm beyond disgusted with what's been happening with you so far, and I'm sending this up the management chain (yet again).  Expect a Private Message from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines