• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webhelp displays behind application after first call?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting reports that, for some PCs, our webhelp displays on top of the application on first use, but if closed, a subsequent call in the same session (such as by pressing F1) will always display help behind the application. I'm clueless on this - any ideas on where to start looking for fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an issue for the developers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - Yes, couldn't agree more. Still, are you aware of any windowing issues that have been addressed by, say, a version of .NET?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Not a question I can answer. Not aware of any because I do not follow the forums where that might get discussed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Just FYI, we've looking at calls to merged webhelp built using RoboHelp7 from .NET. The issue only affected test PCs; it never showed up on a developer machine. Anyhow:

"The solution to the Help issue within RoboHelp is to modify their own API file to include the following functionality:

[DllImport("User32")]

public static extern int SetForegroundWindow(int hwnd);

and then calling the function SetForegroundWindow and passing it the handle i.e. the unique ID (hwnd) of the Internet Explorer so that it can bring it to the foreground.

This call to the function is being made after Internet Explorer has been loaded and Help is displayed, i.e. after the browser has completed executing the Navigate method using the relevant URL."

Perhaps you could pass this back to the RoboHelp team. If, for example, this was quietly fixed for 8, we'd like to know....

--M

> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 07:34:30 -0600

To: mike_phillipsta@hotmail.com

Subject: webhelp displays behind application after first call?

Sorry. Not a question I can answer. Not aware of any because I do not follow the forums where that might get discussed.

----

See http://www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that.

Might be better if you feed it back. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Just briefly outline the problem and include a link to this thread, that will suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp