• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can TOC be disabled for Context Sensitive HTML Help

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In context sensitive HTLM help, can the TOC left menu be disabled so that ONLY the mapped topic pulls up in the window when the user selects help in the application? When we click on our component in our app the correct topic is pulling up but so is the full blown TOC. We want ONLY the topic to pull up. Is that possible.

Diana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2009 Sep 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, your best bet is to not generate HTML Help. Create WebHelp output, and have the developer point only to the .html file name, no more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Diana,

You can achieve what you want by defining a new HTML Help window in which to display the context-sensitive topics, and then have your developers reference this window in their calls to the Help file.

For example, you could set up a window called "NoNavPane" from which you've removed the navigation pane (or in which the navigation pane is initially hidden when the window is opened, but it can still be accessed by clicking the Show/Hide button in the toolbar). In their context Help calls, the developers would reference the new window like this:

HtmlHelp(0, "c:\app\help\Help.chm>NoNavPane", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1001);

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will forward this to  my developer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a window the developer defines? If it's something I do in Robohelp....where is this done and how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, this is from my developer, can you clarify? :

The example is showing to make a call to the routine "htmlhelp"

HtmlHelp(0, "c:\app\help\Help.chm>NoNavPane", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1001);

But we make a call to the routine "help.showhelp".   I have no reference to a routine "htmlhelp".  Would need to find what namespace that is in, or if it's something we need to install and reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Diana,

Right, I see from your other thread that the developers are using the .NET Help.ShowHelp method rather than the old HTML Help API to pass context Help calls to your .chm file. See my reply to that thread for more thoughts on this.

You would define the required window within your Help project. Here is an article describing how to do so:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WS355AEF7F-34ED-4124-BC8F-B27DE7A228E1.html

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete! I have more experience creating Web Help and don't have these issues with that output. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I successfully created a new window and was able to hide the navigation pane. When I go under my primary layout properties and select the default window it is generating it based on my custom window settings.

I am wanting to have the full blown help compile in the default window with the nav pane, but I want my developer to call the custom window for the context sensitive topics. I would assume that when I select the default window for my primary layout, that it should generate it according to those settings, correct?

Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out, thanks! Now we'll see if my developer can successfully call the new window. I generated the full help with the default nav pane, and for context sensitive topics I'll have him call the new window that shows the topic only and hides the nav pane. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp