• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footer.lbi - Russian chars

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am trying to add the below to html pages as footer.lbi using dreamweaver... but somehow after saving the file...The Russian characters turn into another weird language...

How will I embed this correctly into my html pages as footer?

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="ru" />
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=koi8-r">
<div id="footer">
    <div id="footerleft">Все права защищены. <a href="../privacy.html">Политика конфиденциальности</a></div>
    <div id="footerright">Дизайн & Разработка сайта <a href="http://nanowebtechltd.com" target="_blank">Nano Web Tech Ltd.</a></div>
    <div class="clear"></div>
</div>

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really an "Advanced Techniques" question... it's not even a CF question, it's a DW question.  It's always good to ask your question on the right forum.  Still...

Check what encoding scheme you're using to save the file with the Cyrillic in it.  It'll need to be UTF-8, but it might - by default - be ISO-8859-1 or something else which does not cater for Cyrillic.  I have no idea how to set this in DW, as I don't use it.  Perhaps ask on the DW forum?

One question.  If you're using CF, why would you do this as a DW footer (which is intended for static HTML projects), rather than a <cfinclude> file?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you are right...it is not adv question...sorry...yes i need to include a header.lbi and footer.lbi in html not cf page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, NP.  You're best asking on the DW forums as to how to set the file to be saved as UTF-8.  Someone here might know, but you're probably gonna get quicker results asking DW questions on the DW forums.  For one thing... everyone on the DW forums will be DW users, whereas only a percentage (a minority?) here would use DW, especially specifically static-site features which a CF developer would normally use CF to effect.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation