• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining several RoboHelp projects into one project.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have the following situation:

I have several RoboHelp 7 project files.  Each project is compiled in Flash.  My requirement is that I create one flash file for all of the project files.

To better illustrate, I have the following project (folders) Test1, Test2, Test3 which have the following directory structures.

Test1

BOOK

PAGE1

BOOK

PAGE1

PAGE2

BOOK

PAGE1

Test2

BOOK

PAGE1

Test3

BOOK

PAGE1

PAGE2

The flash file for each will be the same as above.

What I need is a single flash file call NEW TEST which would display the information for all three project files in the following manner:

NEW TEST
     Test1

BOOK

PAGE1

BOOK

PAGE1

PAGE2

BOOK

PAGE1

Test2

BOOK

PAGE1

Test3

BOOK

PAGE1

PAGE2

Any way of doing this?  Thanks again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought of mergeing the projects into another "master" project? If you create another blank flash project, and merge the three existing projects into its TOC you will end up with the desired result. I don't use RH7 so can't remember where the merge icon is you use but if you look at the toolbar above your TOC you should see an icon that displays a dialog that allows you to select a project XPJ file. This is used to point to each of the three test projects.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addtion to Colum's fine advice, I will also ask you to clarify exactly what is meant by "compiling to Flash". Do you mean you are creating FlashHelp output from RoboHelp? Or are you using a different tool to gather that content and create a singular Flash file you are distributing?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum.

Hi Rick,

I have several separate RoboHelp project files that I generate into a flash format and distribute separately.  So my goal now is to create one flash file that combines all of the RoboHelp project files into one "master" help-file.  So yes, I am using RoboHelp to generate my project files into a flash-based layout.

But now I have run into the following issue:

Using Colum's advice, I created a new RoboHelp project and merged each RoboHelp-generated flash helpfile into the new RoboHelp project.

However, when I generate a new layout based on a flash format, the table of contents does not show up.

When I generate a new layout based on a Microsoft HTML format, I can see the table of contents.

What could be causing this problem?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2009 Oct 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mslwen.

I should state that I am not a FlashHelp user but could your problem be that you are not calling the correct file? The file you need to open must be the one specified in the "Output Folder and Start Page" option of your FlashHelp SSL.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips and tricks on Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp