Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translating Help Files

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the ramifications are for doing this, but if anyone can enlighten me it'd be much appreciated. My company is trying to figure out the best way to do translation, but I'll first explain what the project will entail.

The project will contain both a mixture of English and French topics, which will save us quite a bit of money.

Anyway, this is what my manager has proposed:

1. Make a copy of my original English RoboHelp project.

2. After getting back the translated .html files, I drop them back into my RoboHelp subproject directories, essentially overwriting the English equivalents with the French topics.

3. Attempt to rebuild the project in RoboHelp.

I did a few tests using this process and have already found that my TOC is messed up (there is absolutely no structure and no books). Also, I'd have to fix each index entry separately for some reason.

Can anyone shed some light, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

If I import the translated topics into my project, how are Map IDs handled? Can the English and French topics share the same Map IDs, or will I need to remap the entire project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have thought that as long as the topic properties haven't changed (e.g. name and file name) you'll be OK. If these have changed you'd need to amend the map file and possibly the alias file accordingly.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp