Expand my Community achievements bar.

Invoking Web Service

Level 4

I'm trying to invoke an SAP web service using the following example:

http://lctips.wordpress.com/category/webservice/webservices-xml-documents-cdata/

I'm able to receive the SOAP response, but the CDATA list is empty.  Does anyone see anything wrong with this response?

<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:n0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style">
   <soap-env:Header/>
   <soap-env:Body>
      <n0:ZGetWfApproverResponse>
         <XmlResult><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<APPROVALCHAIN><ZSWACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL</TITLE><NAME>user1</NAME></ZSWACTORS><ZSWACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL</TITLE><NAME>user2</NAME></ZSWACTORS><ZSWACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL</TITLE><NAME>user3</NAME></ZSWACTORS></APPROVALCHAIN>]]></XmlResult>
      </n0:ZGetWfApproverResponse>
   </soap-env:Body>
</soap-env:Envelope>

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure I follow. It appears that the response contains a valid XML document.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<APPROVALCHAIN><ZSWACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL</TITLE><NAME>user1</NAME></ZSWACTORS><ZSW ACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL</TITLE><NAME>user2</NAME></ZSWACTORS><ZSWACTORS><TITLE>LEGAL </TITLE><NAME>user3</NAME></ZSWACTORS></APPROVALCHAIN>

Steve

Level 10

Confirm the data type of the variable you assigned for the CDATA list.

The type of variable should be list and subtype should be document

If still you dont get the result, post your process in the forum.

Nith

Level 4

I can see the XML document.  How do I copy it to a variable?

Former Community Member

To expand on Nith's response....

In the Web Service, go to Web Service Response tab and you will see the property "CDATA list". The property requires a variable of type "list".

Create a process variable of type 'list" with a sub-type of "document". Let's call the variable "cdataList". Assign the variable "cdataList" to the property "CDATA list". This will handle parsing the CDATA section from the SOAP response envelope.

Create another variable of type "xml" and call it "approvalChainXml", perhaps.

Add a Set Value operation after the Web Service and set the location to "/process_data/approvalChainXml" and the expression to "/process_data/cdataList[1]". This will get the get the XML document out of the CDATA list and assign it to "approvalChainXml".

Steve