Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 -- Duplicated toolbars/panes from merging

Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to merge three projects (using Peter G's excellent instructions) in RoboHelp 8, WebHelp. Unfortunately, when I first open the start page, I see that it displays two of each screen component: two toolbars, two left panes, and two panes. (The duplicated components are from the first project in the merged TOC. I linked to the particular topic displayed in my re-direct HTML).

When I click a TOC topic, the duplicated components go away.

parent_sshot.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Hi there

While it makes a world of difference in which page you link to, it illustrates a deeper seated issue. I can only surmise that you are actually unaware of the difference between these two pages. I say that partly because you initially linked to the wrong one and partly because of how they are named.

When you create a project you give it a name. You also give a name to the first topic. If left alone, the first topic becomes the default topic for your output. Also if left alone the start pag

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You are likely using the Redirect bit that Peter mentions, no?

Assuming that's correct, my guess is that you redirected to the WebHelp Start Page and not the Default Topic of the other system. So it loaded its own toolbars and frameset in the Topic Pane.

To fix that, redirect to the Default Topic and not the WebHelp Start Page.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was using Peter's redirect info.

I double-checked my start page/default topic and they were OK, but I started taking a closer look at the file to which I was redirecting. It turns out that I should have been pointing to the "Troubleshooting" HTML document (which shows toolbars/panes) instead of the "Troubleshooting_1" HTML document (which shows content only).

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got my earlier explanation backwards.

The "Troubleshooting" HTML document (the one to which I should have been redirecting) shows content only.

Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While it makes a world of difference in which page you link to, it illustrates a deeper seated issue. I can only surmise that you are actually unaware of the difference between these two pages. I say that partly because you initially linked to the wrong one and partly because of how they are named.

When you create a project you give it a name. You also give a name to the first topic. If left alone, the first topic becomes the default topic for your output. Also if left alone the start page becomes named identical to the project. It would appear that in your case you misunderstood that. You tried to name the WebHelp Start Page the same as one of your topics. Because of that RoboHelp renamed the default topic with the _1.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm, interesting. I will double-check my topic names.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp