Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 3 - Want to recreate project from temp folder

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was recording a webinar session (one of 6 recordings I made) and one of the sessions, when I ended the recording during a break (by hitting, appropriately, the 'end' key), it said 'Creating slides # of #'.

When it got to 9 (of 205), it froze, and then after a couple minutes, I got the 'End Program' dialog. I was recording a long session (no doubt), but that is not the issue I need to discuss. I have read the disclaimers about optimal slide length...

I went and found the temp folder that I think had the data saved from the captivate session. In that folder, I have .dat and .swf files. I can copy the swf files into a blank cp file, but there is no sound accompanying them.

My question: Is there a way to bootstrap this temp folder to recreate the lost session? I think I still have the data available; if I could get cp to try to see the temp folder as a raw cp session for creating slides, I'm hoping I can recover the session.

It was an expensive training session, and the part that was lost was the meet of the training.

Thanks!

Jared

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Ouch! Double owiee!

Unfortunately you have painfully discovered that Captivate is not the tool of choice for creating something with 200 slides. Good on ya for sorting that you can get back some of it but it may do you no good without the audio, eh?

Raw data exists inside the CP file so I'm more than a bit unclear on what you mean by having the data available but coaxing the XP to see it. Do please expound.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you for responding. I have a folder from the local settings/temp directory that has the data stored in dat/swf files that is used to create the actual .cp file.

When CP recording is stopped, my assumption is that CP then reads the files from the temp directory into the .cp file (what's happening when the 'Creating files...' countdown when recording is stopped), and then deletes the temp folder (~Ca#).

I would like to recreate that process of turning the temp directory used to store the files while recording into the 'untitle.cp' file, that I can then save and publish for viewing. I'm hoping the sound is part of the .swf files found in the temp folder.

Any ideas how I might do this?

Thanks!

Jared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jared

Sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with that process. My guess is that only a member of the Captivate development team can offer any meaningful advice here.

Once in a while we do see some of them post. Hopefully one of them will see this post and choose to reply. Do keep in mind that they are located in India. According to my clock, it's roughly 8:09 Friday evening there.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources