• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to full screen and being able to rotate?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that in the last two weeks I have had to update Adobe Digital Editions twice, I understand that it is currently a work in progress. I just wondered if maybe the ability to go to a full screen view, rotate the document counterclockwise or clockwise, and be able to go to the next page with a click instead of the arrow keys could be re-incorporated into the next edition. I really liked being able to see the whole page as large as I could and not be distracted by all the other things on my toolbar. The ability to rotate was nice as well, because if I had a book with smaller font I could rotate the image, which would make the font larger, and hold my laptop like a book. I don't really use the zoom features because I read too fast for the scroll function. Overall, I do feel pretty disappointed with the direction that digital editions is going. I really liked the way that the older version had more document manipulation. Now, it is pretty much the same as using mobipocket reader, which is a bit of a letdown.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, page rotation is the first feature I found missing in this program. Using a laptop as I do, rotating and holding like a book is natural.

Also missing but not as important, I see no optional page transition effects or auto scroll or anything. If I'm reading a story, it's all about the enjoyment of reading.. continuity and experience.

Hoby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it is better than the previous Acrobat based reader, I still find it still not as good as eReader. As you post above - no full screen. The additional feature I find on eReader that makes reading on a laptop particularly restful, is being able to choose a non-white background (I use parchment) and non black font (I use very dark brown). I find my limit on using Digital Editions is about 30 to 45 minutes before my eyes are really tired. eReader I can use for about 2 hours.

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing is that I don't seem to be able to open previously purchased digital editions (pdf format) getting the message below.

Screen shot 2009-09-16 at 22.56.08.png

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was excited to find and download this improved and multi tasking reader. The very first thing I found missing was page rotation.

This feature is necessary for the new mini laptops where you read in a book held fashion to get a larger page size.

Until this is added to this program I will be deleting this from my computer and checking every so often for improvements.

Until then the Reader 8  will suffice.  That no frills version will work just fine.  Nice try. And keep making this software more useable.

Thanks

Chery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines