• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

W3C Compliance and RH setting the wrong slash / \

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to get a full w3C compliance on my project, and it seems ALOT of topics have linked the css files, various images etc with back slashes ( \ ), rather than (URI) forward slashes ( / ).

My topics etc all still work when published and these are coming up just as warnings, rather than errors...... but just wondering why its been linking some topics and images like this, and others arent. Is it to do with files in RH sourcing from the C:\ where the slash should be \ rather than /, but on the web its / as opposed to \

I thought maybe that I did something, but I havnt gotten my fingers dirty with that many topics and links, and every topic from what I've seen so far is linking to the CSS using back slashes, not forward slashes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my project (over 500 files) and the same is true in mine. i didn't know it was a compliance problem though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about the slashes in your source files, as long as the output is W3C compliant. I don't know what output you use, but If you use Robo7 Webhelp and check the W3C compliant topics checkbox, your output files will use / instead of \. I imagine it'll be the same in Robo 8.

About compliance: The W3C validator doesn't see the \ as an invalid character. HTML 4.01 frameset files (Robo7) will validate with either. I don't know about Robo8 since XHTML is stricter than HTML 4.01.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp