• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ViewletBuilder Integration?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 7 and ViewletBuilder 4 and would like to include my viewlets in my help files. Can this be done and if so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008
Hi Brett

I rather assumed you would be wanting something along the lines of a .SWF. This is why I asked what files are involved. It's because exactly how you proceed will be totally dependent on the files that are needed.

As I understand it, ViewletBuilder is a lot like Captivate or Camtasia. Captivate content seems to work fine (and it should, as it's an Adobe product) but you may find that there are issues with ViewletBuilder.

I suppose I'd begin by simply clicking the "Insert Captivate" ic...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, RMaverick69

Can you take a ViewletBuilder output and run it in an isolated fashion? If so, what files are part of that setup? If you can provide that, we will probably be able to tell you how to make it work with RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the welcome Rick. The program can put these out in several ways, one of which is PDF. This part is almost a no brainer so we won't get into that one. The simplest output file would be swf with or without the html. We don't want a static document due to the nature of our end users, so we'd like to keep it dynamic if possible. A "living" help file would be a better term. Anyway, thank for your assistance or whatever advice you offer.

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett

I rather assumed you would be wanting something along the lines of a .SWF. This is why I asked what files are involved. It's because exactly how you proceed will be totally dependent on the files that are needed.

As I understand it, ViewletBuilder is a lot like Captivate or Camtasia. Captivate content seems to work fine (and it should, as it's an Adobe product) but you may find that there are issues with ViewletBuilder.

I suppose I'd begin by simply clicking the "Insert Captivate" icon and pointing at the ViewletBuilder .SWF file. See where that gets you. My guess is that it may partially work but need some tweaking.

For the tweaking, maybe the following links will help. They are for Captivate, but the process would probably be the same for ViewletBuilder too.

Click here for one article
Click here for another article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. Kinda figured as much. Captivate is such a hog, so looks like Camtasia may be the way for us to go instead of ViewletBuilder. Anyway, we have both apps, so I guess we just need to see if we can convert them between programs, then utilize the info you provided. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp