• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugging in CF Builder with ColdFusion 7?

Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ColdFusion Builder debugging work with ColdFusion 7?  I was able to successfully run debugging with breakpoints with ColdFusion 8 but can't get it to work with ColdFusion 7.  If it's possible what are the settings?

Thanks,

Kasia

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

ColdFusion debugger support was introduced in version 8. So version 7 is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far have you got with reconfiguring your CFMX7 server, and what are you seeing?

I get an error saying "unsupported RDS version", or similar, when I try to kick off the debugger on my test CFMX7 box.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adam,

I had no luck thus far.  I don't recall the exact error message (will have to check again at work).  I was told on experts-exchange that CF7 doesn't support debugging as there is a key piece missing - Line Debugging which you need to enable in CF8 and CF9 otherwise debugging will not work.

FYI... If you decide to switch to CF8 it doesn't like IIS 5.1 which is included in XP, worked fine on Server 2003 which has IIS 6.  I've wasted some time before I figured that one out - IIS 5.1 doesn't support wildcards which is a must with RDS and debugging.  Another thing I struggled with... I installed ColdFusion Builder and used their "Frankenclipse" with no luck, well I got it to run but it would not stop at any breakpoints; as soon as I changed to Eclipse Basic and ran ColdFusion Builder install with option to add plugins to Eclipse, it worked like a charm.

Good luck, and if you find anything out please let me know

Cheers,

Kasia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion debugger support was introduced in version 8. So version 7 is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Hemant,

Thanks for clearing that up!  Wish I had known that yesterday morning

Cheers,

Kasia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation