Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I could get this plugin to work with a Hudson build server and the Violations plugin. My problem is that the pdm.xml contains the paths to the source files as below:

<file name="home/hudson/.hudson/jobs/MyProject/workspace/ContactForm/src/com/arcad/projects/solerati/contactform/events/SamplesEvent.as">

<violation beginline="15" endline="15" begincolumn="14" endcolumn="14" rule="adobe.ac.pmd.rules.event.PublicVariableInCustomEvent" ruleset="Event Rules" package="com.arcad.projects.solerati.contactform.events" class="SamplesEvent.as" externalInfoUrl="" priority="3">No public variables should be inside a custom event. This variable (sample) is public. In order to improve encapsulation in your custom event, it is better not to have public variable in your event. Prefer having read-only attributes, set by the event constructor</violation>

</file>

So they are basically absolute file paths from system root, and not relative to the workspace root. So the Violations plugin can not pick up them and show the source code.

Is there a way to tell the plugin where is my workspace root, and force it to show the paths from there?

Cheers, Balazs

TOPICS
FlexPMD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the exact same configuration (Hudson and Violations plugin (or PMD plugin)), and everything works fine.

Is your Hudson on Linux?

Mine is on Windows Server. That may be the difference.

What would be the expected absolute path?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is a Linux server.

And this is correct, as an absolute path, I mean the path for the file is

/home/hudson/.hudson/jobs/MyProject/workspace/ContactForm/src/com/arcad/pr ojects/solerati/contactform/events/SamplesEvent.as

and I think this must be the problem. In this picture http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/29852444/hudson.jpg your path to the file begins as trunk/flex-pmd .... It looks like a workspace relative path. But for me the same path start like home/hudson/.hudson..., which starts from the root rather than the workspace.

We can simplify the question, because I'm not sure what's the truth, I don't know the Violations plugin well, the path the plugin includes in the xml file must be a workspace relative path, or an absolute one?

Thanks, Balazs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the exact same issue. The file paths in the pmd.xml file are the absoute file path, except missing the first slash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... After investigation, it looks that you guys hit a bug.

It will be fixed today and will be in RC4.

Can I ask to you fill a bug please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXPMD-70

I noticed that Java PMD appears to output absolute paths, so it would make sense for that to be the FlexPMD behavior as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been marked as closed.

Weird though that's working fine on windows.

Thanks for reporting this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tested in RC4, now it is working fine.

\m/

cheers, Balazs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines