Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech agents

Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working at converting speech text to voice.  I generally use Paul instead of Kate.  The message used to come up and say "which one did I want" so I would choose Paul.  I then decided to tick the box, "don't show me this message again" option.  I thought then that my default voice would be Paul, but its not.  Firstly does anyone know how to change the default voice, or secondly, how to bring the option up that asks you what voice you want.  Its all too faffy to go to Audio, then speech management.

Also, does anyone know if there are English Pauls and Kates?

Hope to hear back soon, thanks.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I tried the scenario you mentioned. I am able to get the default last selected speaker when I select "Don't show again" in the Speech selection dialog box.

To get back the option to ask for speech selection you can enable the same under Edit >> Preferences >> Global Settings Tab >> Confirmation messages >> Enable "Speech Selection"

Try it out and let me know..

-Ashwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. That works a treat. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you all use Paul for real projects?  If so, how succesful are you in removing the clicks and pops - maybe in soundbooth?  How about when he mispronounces a word.  Do you then spell it phonetically?  I am considering my options here since narration is expensive and I don't really have a good narrator voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources