Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 does not Capture Recorded Slides

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to add slides to a demo I have been building, set the recording mode to demo, hit the record button and then went through the demo actions.  When I pressed the End Key to stop recording, nothing happened.  No new slides appeared.  When I go back to try to record again, I get a message saying that I can't record until I close down my current recording session.

I have used Captivate since it was RoboDemo and never seen this problem.  What is going on?

And help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

p.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I recently saw another user report success by configuring things to 16 bit color. I'm assuming they meant in Windows itself but can't say for certain.

If I were having your situation I might try the following things in the following order.

First, try eliminating the Hardware acceleration. The actual process may vary from PC to PC. Perhaps if I list how I get to the dialog on my own setup, it will assist in you locating the same area for yours. For mine, I right-clicked my Windows Desktop and selected Properties. This opened my Display Properties. I then clicked the Settings tab. From there, I clicked the Advanced button. This opened another dialog where I could choose further options. I then clicked the Troubleshoot tab. From here I was able to adjust the Hardware Acceleration using a slider as shown below. (I would suggest attempting to set this to None) I'm unsure if this will prompt a restart of your PC.

tmp2.png

If that fails to help I would then attempt configuring to 16 bit color and see if that helps. That's configured on the Settings tab of the initial dialog.

Please try these in this order and let us know if either change seems to help.

This has been a fairly elusive issue that only seems to affect a select few users. Lucky you, huh?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings I also got those problems,and i think i got it solved,  I have notice something, if you have an aditional video card, check the configurations on it, for example i got a NVIDIA card and in the 3D Settings, section Adjust image settings with preview,  i changed it for the option of "Let the 3D application decide" and it started to work. These are my specs of the computer.

Be well.

SPECS:

Windows Vista Business 64 bit

5 GB RAM

1TB Total Hard drive space

2 Monitors Main at 1440x900 and secondary at 1024x768 resolution

Video card GeForce 8400 GS 256MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources