• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4.2 update coming...

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kids - just read this and thought I'd pass it along...good news indeed.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/adobe/story/matrox_and_other_3rd_party_i_o_vendors_with_cs4/

AVC-I native support...it's finally here. And after I just bought an EX3....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Shucks, I don't get to break the news on anything anymore...

Premiere Pro 4.2 does in fact add AVC-I and offers some additional fixes too.  Should be out soon.

Regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 212 Replies 212
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

Thanks for reporting. I am surprised that there will be a CS4.2, but in a good way. I would have bet that there would be no releases, until CS5. Glad I am wrong.

It's also nice to hear the news on the Matrox front, as many users will be dancing, if it all works well.

You seem to always break these news items. Do the folk in San Jose put notes to you into a bottle and let it wash up on La Jolla Beach for you to find?

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shucks, I don't get to break the news on anything anymore...

Premiere Pro 4.2 does in fact add AVC-I and offers some additional fixes too.  Should be out soon.

Regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off - Dennis, it's great to see you around these parts. An Adobe voice and presence is needed on this forum, and I can't think of nicer guy then you. Sorry - didn't mean to steal your thunder...you could maybe list some of the fixes - I know a couple I'm hoping for!

Hunt - I'd like to tell you I'm a PPro beta tester with inside info...but I'm not (it's not for lack of asking!). No, I'm just a guy who gets bored when his machine is batch encoding and loves to surf the net for any good shooting and editing tips...tips I'm trying to pass along on my blog - http://100acrefilmstechcorner.blogspot.com (shameless plug - sorry!). I go to a number of sites and sometimes just happen to come across breaking news. As for La Jolla, I'll be there this weekend trying not to melt in this heat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang,

That blows my image of you walking along La Jolla with a straw hat, Jimmy Buffet on the iPod, searching the horizon for them bottles with notes in them.

Oh well, thanks for getting the news out. Now for the questions to start

:

1 week of speculation

1 week of digesting

1 week of whining, when one's sacred cow does not appear on the list

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know 3 things I'd like to see fixed (among others) in no particular order:

1) fix the program monitor freeze

2) the cut and paste transition bug - don't know what I'm talking about? Apply a transition, customize it, then copy and paste it...see if it works on the new clip as it should...

3) when I roll of a project to tape, afterwards PPro becomes very sluggish - I have to shut the deck down and re-start it before I can roll of something else.'

I know there are other things that need to be fixed, but those are three I deal with on a regualr basis.

Oh, and I'd like to see Final Cut Pro export...it keeps being talked about, but it'd be nice to see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that this be available around the end of October or beginning November to roughly coincide with the release of Win7. The major benefit may be support for Win7 and some bug fixes. Nothing major like 64 bit or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric Addison wrote:

I know 3 things I'd like to see fixed (among others) in no particular order:

1) fix the program monitor freeze

2) the cut and paste transition bug - don't know what I'm talking about? Apply a transition, customize it, then copy and paste it...see if it works on the new clip as it should...

3) when I roll of a project to tape, afterwards PPro becomes very sluggish - I have to shut the deck down and re-start it before I can roll of something else.'

I know there are other things that need to be fixed, but those are three I deal with on a regualr basis.

Oh, and I'd like to see Final Cut Pro export...it keeps being talked about, but it'd be nice to see...

I'm allowed to profess my ignorance right?  I didn't know about any of these.  Some, like #3 are easy because I never export to tape, but that's not to make any excuses.

Point being - I've sent these over to Premiere engineering.  If I get a reply, I will definitely let you know.

Cheers,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dradeke wrote:

I'm allowed to profess my ignorance right?  I didn't know about any of these.  Some, like #3 are easy because I never export to tape, but that's not to make any excuses.

Point being - I've sent these over to Premiere engineering.  If I get a reply, I will definitely let you know.

Cheers,

Dennis

No worries, Dennis. I believe I've posted bug reports about all these, but thanks for getting the word over to the PPro team.

Let them know I'd be happy to expand on the bugs if they can't replicate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis,

Hope that you have the time to hang out here a bit. I have a feeling that Eric's thread on the "Breaking News" is going to be a hot one over the next few weeks. It will not be until the install base of CS4.2 exceeds several hundred machines and the reports from the field start coming in, that the questions will likely stop: "hey, did they fix this?" "How about that?" Even with Eric's links, everyone will have several pet features that they will want to know about.

Hunt

BTW - welcome to the forum! We do not get to see enough Adobe presence here. Best we can muster are a few beer-swilling "Community Experts."

Do not tell them, but they are greatly appreciated too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the SONY HVR-M15AU deck will be supported? Or The Z1-U camcorder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have been supported since ages. No reason to assume support will be dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2009 Oct 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the HVR-M15AU is supported, then why when I try to export HDV to tape that command is greyed out and not recognized?, and why are both devices NOT listed in CS4's  drop down menu?

I can export to tape in DV mode, but not HDV. I am using the SONY brand & STANDARD device settings for DV. I REALLY NEED to export to HDV but cannot!! What's up?

Thanks! Les Lightstone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem exporting to tape in HDV on a Z1.

and why are both devices NOT listed in CS4's  drop down menu?

If every device on the market were listed, you would need a listing that resembles the phonebook of Manhattan. Better to keep it simple and say 'generic'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Harm!

Glad to hear that it is at least possible to export HDV back to a Z1-U!  Can you please enlighten me as to which settings you used to accomplish this successfully? I would be forever grateful!  What would be even better, which settings for the HVR-M15AU?

Anticipating your reply!

Cheers!

Les

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.2? That sounds awsome.  I also hope they fix the program monitor freeze when using the firewire for output. Also the 10-12 frame jump on the cti when using firewire connection. I am very excited and can't wait until more information comes about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. we will shortly have AVC-Intra support soon but when will we have a medium priced AVC-I camera.  Anyone have a good rumors about anything less expensive than the HPX-300?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see a $6,000 HPX-190 with 1/2", full resolution CCDs recording to SDXC cards using AVC-I 100.

Now that would be a proper prosumer HD camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to inject this here, but since we have the attention of someone on the inside, I  hope  that an upcoming Pr Pro update (or CS5) is going to offer native support for whatever weirdo flavor of H.264 that Canon is using in the 5D Mark II. I know, I know, it's not a real video camera (well, as a still photographer it is to me anyway), but the use of it has exploded... commercials and music videos and all kinds of other applications are surfacing everywhere. There are companies building rigs with HDMI mini monitors and rails and everything else for the 5D2 to be used for video. SO, the reason why I'm whining for native support is because Adobe could have a goldmine on their hands if there were to add that native support then advertise the snockers out of it. We all know that Premiere with the Production Premium suite is way better than Final Cut Studio, but us 5D2 users have to constantly stick our tail between our legs when we try to boast about Premiere to a 5D2 user and they come back with "sorry, with FCS I can edit smoothly right out of the box". There's even a workflow with Apple's Compressor to convert to 24p, so that puffs their feathers too. Now, I do use Cineform's NeoScene and I do get smooth editing with it (on an i7 rig that I built for HALF of the cost of a MacPro), but it was still a puzzle at first to know what presets in Pr to use, yadda yadda yadda. I'm tellin' ya Adobe, if you start popping that "Canon 5D Mark II" title in the lists and presets insode of Premiere and then advertise that thing as the 5D2's best friend, you WILL overtake FCS because all of us goofball photographers are in love with Photoshop and Lightroom, therefore we want to stay in the family. You'll be getting a whole new customer base getting into Premiere that you didn't have before (me for instance. OK, y'all can stop rolling your eyes). To be honest, up until now the struggling to know how to make our 5D2's work with Premiere has been a bit of a lonely fight, as if Adobe is clueless of the thing's existence, and if it weren't for NeoScene we'd be hairless.

ANYWAY Adobe, listen up! NOW is the time to strike! Canon just released it's second HD DSLRV, the 7D, albeit a crop-sensor camera, but capable of 24p and 30p and I think 60i. DSLRVs are here, at least for a while. Seize the opportunity (and make us wannabe video newcomers RUN to buy Production Premium!).

Oh, and if you're in the mood, you can make Lightroom a $99 upgrade if you own Production Premium, just like you offer with Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to put this in the form of afeature request.  If nobody takes to effort to officially request these things, adobe will prioritize accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, I'm such a noob... what exactly is a Feature Request, and where do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulieDC wrote:

Curt, I'm such a noob... what exactly is a Feature Request, and where do I do that?

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Please take advamtage of this.  This gets your voice in front of the product groups and engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take advantage of this.

Absolutely. Thanks for the link, I'm all over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Wrigley wrote:

PaulieDC wrote:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Please take advamtage of this.  This gets your voice in front of the product groups and engineers.

Totally agree.  Adobe Product managers tabulate and keep count of these requests.  You won't always get what you want, but sometimes you do.  If enough people speak loud enough, any company will notice.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo Paulie,

i'm with you.  I'm eyeing (read envying) the Canon 5Dmk2 for myself and while at the WEVA show (wedding show), a lot of people came up to me and asked about compatibility with this camera and it's younger sibling the 7d.

We hear you...

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines