Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yet another rant about bulleted lists in RH8

Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a RoboHelp user and strong advocate for 7 years and up through RH7, I never had any trouble getting bulleted lists to work the way I want them to. With RH8, it is a nightmare! I have spent many hours and don't seem any closer to getting simple, multi-level bulleted lists to work in a reasonable fashion. I do not understand what the Adobe developers were thinking. Have they never of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?

If anyone has found the magic decoding ring, I would appreciate your sharing the insight.

Frustated Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frustrated Bob,

I think the problem stems from the fact that RH8 uses XML instead of HTML ( ? ). So bulleted lists have to be created in a specific way. I think I've read somewhere in a post that the bulleted list differences between RH8 and previous versions comes from the fact that RH8 uses XML.

Have you done searches in the forums to see what others have written about this? I know there have been some recent topics on it. You might want to try searching on "bulleted lists" and "paragraph style" - i know that just last week, i was trying to help someone figure out how to use an image as a bullet in RH8.

I'll take a look when i have a moment and post back if i find anything before you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Robo8 uses XHTML instead of HTML 4.01. The 'multi level' lists created in Robo7 may not work if you didn't build them the correct way (ie. Not using paragraphs to style a list). Using the RH8 Multi level lists is probably the easiest solutions, as long as you use it correct, like Colum said.

See this discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/452971

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

I can't help but to notice you said "multi-level bulleted lists".

Does this mean you are trying to get the totally new to version 8 feature for dealing with Multiple Levels to work? Or are you referring instead to simple bulleted lists here?

Indeed the new feature they added can take some getting used to.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob.

I have successfully setup some multi-level lists for my team to use. Whilst it did take a little getting used to, once you understand how they are supposed to work they are a great leap forward. The key is ensuring everyone applies them the correct way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp