When I terminate a thread in this manner to kill runaway thread:

<cfloop list="#t#" index="i">
<cfif findNoCase('RUNNING', evaluate('#i#.status')) gt 0>
<cfsilent>
<cfthread action="terminate" name="#i#" />
</cfsilent>
</cfif>
</cfloop>

Each thread that is terminated gets logged in the application log of the CF administrator with the following value:
myThread34940: null

How do I keep this from getting logged? Why does CF look at these as application errors?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2008 Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can see your point. But it is so by design. When you terminate a thread, Coldfusion assigns it the value null. However, whenever a Java object assumes a null value, it causes the NullPointerException. That is why terminations are logged as errors. To get more information, append <cfdump var="#cfthread#"> after the loop.

I can imagine one good reason for this design. Here, you have chosen to terminate the threads. It can happen that some other process beyond your control intervenes and prematurely terminates a thread. You should like to have that logged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation