• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 FMREditor corrupts swf after split or deletion of frames

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an swf that I need to remove some frames from in Captivate 4. The full swf plays fine but when I delete a few seconds from the beginning of the movie, the resulting clip has these huge white blocks of image missing and some pale brown blocks of color where there should be a lot of white space. Anyone know what's going on? A bug, maybe, or some setting that I am missing? I would attach a screenshot but it's a demo of some proprietary software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For starters I'll toss out some questions for you to answer.

Please tell us the following:

When you edit using FMR, how exactly are you editing?

I ask because it occurs to me that some folks may be unaware a FMR editor exists and is included for version 4. Consequently, these folks may have downloaded the editor for version 3 and are using that. It stands to reason that coding changes may have occurred with the 4 version and if you used the 3 version perhaps it would introduce issues.

When you see the artifacts, do you see them in the Design view or only the output?

How exactly are you viewing the output?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there!

I'm having the same issue than Rick, and I'm using FMREditor included in Captivate 4.

I'm seeing that problem right after I delete unwanted frames witch gives around 98.5 seconds of deleted videos.

I can noticed that when I click on the "play" button to preview my video, for the first 4 seconds, it is white after 4 seconds and then it comes back to normal!

Want can I do??

Help me please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

In addition to Rick's excellent post, I would just like to add that you can only edit Captivate generated SWFs using the Full Motion Recording Editor. Attempting to edit SWFs created using another program is likely to cause problems.

Regards - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources