Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

topic hyperlink

Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new RoboHelp user running verson 7 and creating online help for a saftware (java) app.

In trying to create links in my topic I have been successful except for one specific instance.

When I attempt to save the topic with the link I receive the following message.

The hyperlink "Customer_Support.htm');" used in "Manage_User_Profile.htm, is outside of the current project and will not be shownin the project manager.

When I generate the layout the link works (I have it set as a popup). The formatting of the error message seems odd to me specifically the ');

at the end of the hyperlink name but I'm not sure how that message is generated and the filename and topic title look okay.

As I said I am pretty new so I do appreciate the help. I did read the "where to post" and other info so hopefully I am inthe correct forum.

Any additional guidance is appreciate also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your problem runs a bit deeper than you think. Basically you have linked to a HTML page that your project does not know about. When you do this, the link works on your PC but will likely fail when you create your output and make it available for others.

You need to figure out why that topic isn't inside your project. Once you do this and sort it things should resolve.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This hyperlink may reference the file Customer_Support.htm');. Try selecting the hyperlink in WYSIWYG and look at the path behind href=. If it says Customer_Support.htm'); RoboHelp tries to open that file, including the bracket in the extension.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Willam,

Thanks for the quick response. I wish I had done that, but I was also squeezed for time and decided to delete and recreate the topic. That seemed to work.

Again much obliged.

Dave

Message was edited by: RoboWizard - Corrected Willam's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick,

Well with that in mind and my timeline squeezed (as you probably know training and docs always do).

I just deleted the topic and recreated it. That seemed to work. Thank you very much for not only the guidance but also for responding so quickly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp